BTT for Sea Monkey, PLEASE!

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

BTT for Sea Monkey, PLEASE!

Postby Mr Phelps » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

Mr Baker

I'd love to be able to use BTT with Sea Monkey.
Tried to install an earlier version and was told--incompatible.
I like using SM, but really miss using BTT when on-line.
Thanks for a whole set of Great add-ons. Glad to donate to
the cause
:)
Mr Phelps

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 pm

I use SeaMonkey too, but only for web development (the editor is old and clunky, but I know it too well to switch). Why are you still using SM? Surely Firefox would be more versatile.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby LinuxLover » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:I use SeaMonkey too, but only for web development (the editor is old and clunky, but I know it too well to switch). Why are you still using SM? Surely Firefox would be more versatile.
I'm not the OP, but here's why I use SM: I like it. I like its features that Firefox (alone) doesn't have, such as its e-mail/newsgroup clients. I have, but rarely ever use, Firefox; I've tried doing the FF and Thunderbird thing but can't be bothered with it--why use two applications when SM includes all their functionality in one?

Now on to my reason for posting! PLEASE make BTT work with SM! I've been using version 1.0m forever (since it was the last version that worked with SM), but after upgrading from Ubuntu Feisty to Intrepid the other day, BTT no longer installs. I'm using SM 1.1.12 and also tried installing it in 1.1.14, with the same results. Prior to my recent Ubuntu upgrade I was using SM 1.1.11 and BTT 1.0m worked fine.

It's my ALL-TIME favorite extension...and I'm lost without it! :shock:
LinuxLover

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks for the kudos :D

Unfortunately, all my spare time seems to be taken up with FEBE and TEBE development/support. I really don't know when I would be able to revisit B2T for Seamonkey.

There is a thread on mozillaZine where users post requests for Seamonkey ports. Perhaps you might consider mentioning this over there.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby LinuxLover » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:Thanks for the kudos :D
You're welcome! You definitely deserve them. Honestly, BTT is my all-time favorite extension, as I've already said. It's just so...HANDY!
Unfortunately, all my spare time seems to be taken up with FEBE and TEBE development/support. I really don't know when I would be able to revisit B2T for Seamonkey.
I understand.
There is a thread on mozillaZine where users post requests for Seamonkey ports. Perhaps you might consider mentioning this over there.
Yes, I did, and they've kindly pointed me to a hacked version that works with SM. I'm happy again. :D :D
LinuxLover

Return to Back to Top