BtT: Install button broken? / Shortcuts?

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

BtT: Install button broken? / Shortcuts?

Postby VLM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 pm

When I click the BtT install button on your new extensions page, I get a meaningful label in the FF tab, but no download occurs. Is there a link via which I can just download it directly and install it locally?

Also, as I look at all the screen shots, I don't see any shortcuts. Are there any? Planned, at least for a few core options (top/bottom, for example)?? I ask, because I'm one of those people for whom lots of mousing around hurts. :)

Thank you kindly!

Still very interested in those shortcuts! :)
VLM

Re: BtT: Install button broken? / Shortcuts?

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I recently had to setup a new domain for my extensions because the old one is down due to a DDoS attack. The page now points to the correct domain.

As for the keyboard shortcuts, Firefox already has them defined:

• Home - Top of page
  • End - Bottom of page
  • Page Up - Scroll up
  • Page Down - Scroll down
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby VLM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

You're welcome, Chuck, glad it was quick and easy to fix that link.

Regarding the shortcuts, does BtT use any combination of modifier key + Home/End/Page UP/DOWN ? I ask, because when I look in keyconfig, I see:

- Home is set to alt-Home, no apparent assignment for the Home key ... and by itself, Home appears to do nothing.

- End is not even listed in the Name column, and the End key appears nowhere in keyconfig ... and by itself, End appears to do nothing. Alt-End works, though no such setting appears in keyconfig.

??? Suddenly feeling clueless here. Hmmm ... maybe I should scan my installed extensions one by one, what a pain when developers don't put all their shortcuts into keyconfig. But sill, shouldn't FF itself put in both Home and End (in the Name column)??

I realize this is getting off-topic, and I appreciate whatever help anyone may wish to offer.
VLM

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm

That's curious. The Fx Help page shows that Home and End should function as top and bottom of page. It does not list, however, Page Up and Page Down although those work for me.

To see if the problem is extension related, you could create a new, blank profile and see if the keys do as expected.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Back to Top