FF 3.6.13 can't install Back-To-Top 5.3.2, not compatible

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

FF 3.6.13 can't install Back-To-Top 5.3.2, not compatible

Postby david6 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm

I am already running multiple PC/laptops with both Windows and Ubuntu Linux. All are happily running FF 3.6.13 and Back-To-Top 5.3.2 . They would have all reached FF 3.6.13/BT 5.3.2 by updating (after installing earlier versions).

However, I am NOT able to install on new netbook. (HP Mini 210-2053tu, Atom N550 1.5GHz, 1GB, Ubuntu 10.10 desktop/32bit)

Installing copy (backed-up on my main PC) is NOT compatible, nor is latest (v6) or older (5.3.2) from FF add-ons page. Unable to find older (5.3.2) on your own page. Also wont install if download (on other PC) and then try to install.

This is likely a revision-compatible setting that is missing or corrupted.

I can probably hack compatibility, but this needs to be fixed for others. :?
david6

Re: FF 3.6.13 can't install Back-To-Top 5.3.2, not compatibl

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:57 am

It seem there is a problem with AMO. AMO allows a developer to change the max version for an extension directly on the site (without uploading a new version), but doesn't actually modify the maxVersion in install.rdf. I'm guessing that this maxVersion info is stored in some database that Fx looks at when installing from AMO. Apparently when a new version is uploaded and the older version gets moved to the "View all versions" section, this check is ignored (even though the text description claims compatibility).

Anyway, all versions on the Back to Top homepage have the correct maxVersions listed in install.rdf and should install without any problems. Note that BackToTop v6.0 is for Fx 4.0 and above. You should be able to install v5.3.3 or v5.3.2 in your Fx 3.6.13 platforms.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Back to Top