FireFox 7.x and the Upgrade Process

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

FireFox 7.x and the Upgrade Process

Postby Bob Greene » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 am

HOPEFULLY, THE INFORMATION BELOW WILL EASE YOUR ADJUSTMENT AFTER UPGRADING TO FIREFOX 7.X

About five seconds after installing Firefox 7.0, I realized the process is not completely perfect. Not that I expected to find my favorite extensions located exactly as they were on my original toolbar, but I did hope for some resemblance.

So, now I needed to remove a big, honking button (for an extension which will go nameless) from its new, self-assigned position next to the "Back" and "Forward" buttons on my FF7.0 navigation bar. During the upgrade process, I never saw a prompt to assign this extension to any position, leaving the presumption the upgrade process assigned / allowed the extension to place itself at the navigation bar level.

Editing the Toolbar fixed the problem-- as it (almost) always does. Find the edit option under Tools / Customize (drag and drop)
Bob Greene

Re: FireFox 7.x and the Upgrade Process

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

"... (for an extension which will go nameless) ...". I don't see how that is helpful for other users with the same issue. I might assume you are referring to my"Back to Top" extension since that is the forum you posted into, but then again I don't want to have to be guessing. And perhaps a screenshot image would be helpful since "a big, honking button" - while quite picturesque - still leaves much to the imagination.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: FireFox 7.x and the Upgrade Process

Postby Bob Greene » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

In my own case, I read over the "Read Me First" genre of notices, and proceeded to what I believed was a general forum for FireFox extensions, but not a forum devoted to "Back to Top" or any other extension. Big and "honking" refers to an extension I found from Web of Trust (which I happen to like) but which did not belong where I found it after moving to FF7.x. If my comment is misplaced, I would certainly prefer it go to a more appropriate location.
Bob Greene

Return to Back to Top