zebra bar over ff addon toolbar doesn't let me shift icons

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

zebra bar over ff addon toolbar doesn't let me shift icons

Postby vsrawat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm

I would like the three icons to be on navigation bar, NOT on lower addon bar.

but, when I click customize, I find the three icons hidded under a zebra bar protecting them (and other icons) so I can't shift them to anywhere else, not reposition them within the addon bar.

what exactly is this zebra bar protecting some icons on add on bar? how to get rid of this zebra bar?
ff 16.0.2 on w7

Thanks.
--
Rawat
vsrawat

Re: zebra bar over ff addon toolbar doesn't let me shift ico

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:35 pm

What do you mean by "zebra bar"? What does it do and where did you get it? Maybe you can post a picture of it.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby edb_gene » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 am

Add-ons that place their buttons at specific positions on the 'Add-On Bar' can't be customized the normal way. The Add-on itself must have 'Options' to move it. During customization, they are shown covered by a (zebra) striped overlay. I use several other add-ons ('Simple Timer + Clocks' and ReminderFox that also appears under the Striped overlay) but they have positioning options in their option dialogs.

The 'Perform Backup' icon that you add during customization, can be moved anywhere.

Now the real problem.... How do you move the 'Backup Scheduled' icon on the Add-on bar? (I did it before, but can't remember how.)
edb_gene

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm

@vsrawat

There are three B2T icons that can be placed on any Firefox toolbar, but on only one toolbar at a time. Right-clicking on any toolbar and selecting "Customize..." will bring up the window containing all the icons for all extensions that can be moved around (but have not yet been placed). This is like the "holding" area for icons looking for a toolbar to call home. If the B2T icons are currently in your Navigation Toolbar (at the top of the browser), you can drag and drop them to any other toolbar (including the Add-on bar or even the "holding" area if you don't want them to appear on any toolbar). Note that the "Customize..." window must be open to make any of the icons drag-drop-able.

BackToTop also offers three similar icons that are located in the now outdated "statusbar". While these icons can no longer be move about, they can be hidden in B2T options:

@edb_gene

The 'Backup Scheduled" icon is part of the now defunct statusbar and cannot be moved. It can, however, be hidden in FEBE Options > How to backup > Preferences > Hide status/addon bar icons. Prior to Fx 3.5, statusbar icons were drag-and-drop-able but Mozilla deprecated the Drag and Drop JavaScript Wrapper leaving them static.

I will make a note to make a movable icon available for scheduled backups in a future version.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Back to Top