Context menu entry placement

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

Context menu entry placement

Postby Evereve » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:52 am

Hello,

I'm a fond user of BackToTop, and I'm noticing that, with Firefox 32 (currently beta), the context menu entries are placed towards the very end of the page context menu, and moreover the command "Go to bottom" is placed before "Back to top".

I've managed to solve the problem using the userchrome.css with this set of instructions:
Code: Select all
#contentAreaContextMenu > * { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3; }
#backtotop-context { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important; }
#gotobottom-context { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important; }

Would it be possible for you to solve this issue in the next release?

Thanks in advance.
Evereve

Re: Context menu entry placement

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Thank you for pointing this out. I will incorporate the changes to .css in the next release.

I have a question. Are you experiencing the icon size problems described here?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Evereve » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Hello, I really don't know if this code is the real solution to the problem. Seems to me that is more or less a workaround, since the overall behaviour is slightly different from before.

About the other problem (icon size), it seems even to me that they are somehow larger than the normal default icons, resulting in the toolbar slightly increased in height (I personally don't use them, I prefer to use the context menu).
Evereve

Postby NotesTracker » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:58 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:Thank you for pointing this out. I will incorporate the changes to .css in the next release.

I have a question. Are you experiencing the icon size problems described here?

It's already driving me crazy (well, to be honest, crazier) with Firefox 32! When can we expect to see the CSS fix released, Chuck? (And, I'm not suffering from that icon size issue.)
NotesTracker

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I've made some changes I hope you like. I've fixed the context menu order issue and also put a couple of icons on the new context menu nav bar. Please test it out and let me know.

BackToTop v8.0beta
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby NotesTracker » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 am

cbaker_admin wrote:I've made some changes I hope you like. I've fixed the context menu order issue and also put a couple of icons on the new context menu nav bar. Please test it out and let me know.

That works really well, thanks Chuck! (As far as I'm concerned it's ready for prime time.)

It fills out the context menu nav bar. I wonder what will happen when other add-ons try to add even more to the nav bar, any thoughts on this. (The nav bar won't wrap. will it?)

BTW, in the context menu your two icons appear at the top, displacing everything else down by two slots. This is not of any concern to me, but it prompts me to ask you if you're aware of any general-purpose way/tool for a Firefox user to rearrange all the context menu items as she/he feels fit? I suspect not, but hope that I'm wrong.
-- Cheers, Tony Austin.
NotesTracker

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 am

The nav bar (in fact the entire context menu) never wraps its content. If you right-click too close to the right edge of your screen, the context menu merely positions itself so it is flush with the right edge.

The B2T context menu items are placed just below the nav bar because that's where I coded them to be. If another extension tries to place an item in the same place, Fx will change the order as it sees fit. There are extensions that exist to rearrange the context menu (like Menu Editor and Menu Wizard, but I have not tried them.

Did you know that you can hide any or all of the B2T icons? Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Back to Top > Options to configure. For instance, it doesn't really make sense to have both the B2T nav icons and the context menu items visible at the same time.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Evereve » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am

Hello, thanks for the beta version. I've just installed it and having a quick tour. The only odd thing I can see until now is that in the option window the first panel ("Appearance" or something like - sorry, I've a localized OS) is completely blank.
Evereve

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Try v8.0. I've updated the locales.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Back to Top