Back to Top Toobar Icons

Discuss all "Back to Top" issues or request new features.

Back to Top Toobar Icons

Postby clatham » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:29 pm

I am running Firefox V2.0.0.8 on a Windows Vista machine. I use the default theme. I am using the most recent version of Back to Top (V5.0)When I open up the Customize Toolbar dialog is see the words "Back to top" and "Go to bottom" with no icons. If I drag these to a toolbar they just cause a spape to be placed on the toolbar which appears to have no functionality. I have used Back to Top for a while now and this is the first time I've had problems. Very useful.
clatham

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:57 pm

The default icons should appear after you restart Firefox. Did you notice the new icon editor (Back to Top > Icon Editor) in Back to Top options? You can make the icons fit into any theme.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby mod_wastrel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:19 pm

I'm seeing pretty much the same thing. Also, I can't drag the icon(s) on the status bar at all (I usually drag them over to the far left). I'm on XP, Fx 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.8; icons not showing up in context menu either (I don't 'hide' them), but that may be a Cute-Menus-related problem (?). I haven't tried v5 on a vanilla Fx yet; will try that tomorrow hopefully.
mod_wastrel

Postby mod_wastrel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Being unable to wait (well, it's almost tomorrow)...

Vanilla Fx 2.0.0.8 w/only B2T 5.0 - works more or less correctly: no icons in the Customize process, but they do show up on a restart. Plus, I can drag the icons on the status bar. So, one of the half-dozen other extensions either is causing my couple of problems with no-drag & no-show of icons (either not compatible or the order of install--same diff... more testing to come). Still doesn't work with CuteMenus - Crystal SVG as far as icons showing up in the context menu (bummer).

(OK, now it is tomorrow)

----
Well, installing Stylish removes the ability to drag the icons on the status bar.

----
Completed testing with the other extensions--no joy in isolating a particular one which causes the "lost" icons/buttons in the toolbar (there's something there and you can click on it, but it's a very narrow "canvas"). I did restore the CuteMenus icons in the context menu using the CSS code suggested by Chuck (put it in a Stylish script actually :D). Makes me wonder if the two "disappearances" have a related cause (?). My other Firefox's are still using v4 of B2T with no problem, so I'll just leave them alone for now.
mod_wastrel

Postby Stardance » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:16 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:The default icons should appear after you restart Firefox. Did you notice the new icon editor (Back to Top > Icon Editor) in Back to Top options? You can make the icons fit into any theme.

Chuck

FWIW, I am experiencing the same problem: no visible icons for "Back To Top" and "Go To Bottom" are displayed by View > Toolbars > Customize, just the text labels in the customization dialog. "Moving" the text labels to the Bookmarks toolbar simply inserts a blank space where the icon should be. (Note: the combined two-arrow icon does appear in the customization dialog and will appear on the toolbar if it is moved there.)

Also, I have used the Icon Editor to slightly modify the respective icons and save the results. The icons still do not appear either in the customization dialog or on the toolbar.

Regardless of how many times I either "restart" Firefox or exit entirely and run Firefox again, the respective icons do not appear, either for customizing the toolbar or on the toolbar itself.

I am running Firefox 2.0.0.11 with Windows XP SP2 fully updated. If memory serves, the two icons disappeared from the toolbar after the most recent Firefox update.
Stardance

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:20 pm

I can't seem to get the toolbar icons to appear either with Fx 2.0.0.11. I'll look into it.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Cato62 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 pm

The toolbar icons are, and have been, working just fine for me on WinXP, SP2, FF 2.0.0.11, with a ton of other extensions. No trying to rub it in, just letting you know that apparently it's not affecting everyone. :?
Cato62

Postby dlangton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:44 pm

If you use the 'Organize Status Bar' extension, the status bar icons aren't movable by dragging. You have to use the extension mentioned. The 'Colorful Tabs' extension prevents the unicon (the double-headed arrow) from displaying in the navigation toolbar. I'm sure that other extensions might have a similar effect.
dlangton

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:54 pm

I have "Colorful Tabs" installed and my unicon appears in the navigation toolbar. You're talking about the toolbar that contains "Forward", "Back" , and "Home" buttons, right?

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby dlangton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Pardon me, I was incorrect. The proper extension should be Cute Menus - Crystal SVG.
dlangton

Re: no image editor

Postby Brock Samson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:08 am

cbaker_admin wrote:The default icons should appear after you restart Firefox. Did you notice the new icon editor (Back to Top > Icon Editor) in Back to Top options? You can make the icons fit into any theme.

Chuck

I dont see an icon editor in win7x64 on FF7.

(I dont seem to be able to attach a screenshot)
Brock Samson

Re: no image editor

Postby Brock Samson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:09 am

Chuck

I dont see an icon editor in win7x64 on FF7.

(I dont seem to be able to attach a screenshot)
Brock Samson

Re: Back to Top Toobar Icons

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

The icon editor was removed in Back to Top v6.0 because it did not work with Gecko 2 (Firefox 4.x). I got complaints previously that it just bloated the extension without providing much utility, so I just removed it as opposed to making it work. I do admit that I wrote it originally as more of a proof of concept for the new HTML 5 canvas element than anything else.

Perhaps I will add it back in a future release if enough users consider it useful.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Back to Top Toobar Icons

Postby Brock Samson » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am

I find the icons too small and difficult to click, so add me to the list of who wants the function back. At least give us a few icon choices in the next release.
Brock Samson

Return to Back to Top