Detour for exporting extensions with non-standard root

"Ordered Preference Import/Export" discussion and bug reporting.

Detour for exporting extensions with non-standard root

Postby bege » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:57 am

I configured all extensions with non-standard extension root and the back-up worked as a charm :)

But the next time I wanted to export the settings all these extensions where missing in the extensions list in export tab (no new extensions needed to be configured).
I noticed, that they appear after showing the extension list in configuration tab before.
This behavior is reproducible: Open OPIE export tab, show extension list -> configured extensions are missing. Open configuration tab, show extension list, switch to export tab, show extension list again -> configured extensions are shown.
Is it possible to avoid this detour?
bege

Re: Detour for exporting extensions with non-standard root

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Interesting ... I'll check that out. I'll be releasing OPIE v4.0 in the next couple of weeks. I should have a fix by then.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby bege » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm

OPIE 4.0 doesn't show any extensions in the configuration windows any more. After pressing the respective button the window remains empty.
bege

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:24 am

Are you getting any OPIE related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? Please install the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Do you have FEBE installed? If so, try running "Verify extension directory" and "Check AddonManager functionality" in Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby bege » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:21 am

cbaker_admin wrote:Are you getting any OPIE related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? Please install the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Fehler: opieExtNames is undefined
Quelldatei: chrome://opie/content/opie.js
Zeile: 251
----------
Warnung: getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute().
Quelldatei: chrome://opie/content/opie.xul

The first entry (lower) comes when starting OPIE, the second (upper) when pressing the button to show the extensions in configuration tab. (Fehler = error)

cbaker_admin wrote:Do you have FEBE installed? If so, try running "Verify extension directory" and "Check AddonManager functionality" in [i]Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced.

First one without error.
Second one :

Addon with GUID of {E0CC257A-4D42-4ED7-AFAF-0AE6422F60D0} is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
(RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin)

Addon with GUID of {ABDE892B-13A8-4d1b-88E6-365A6E755758} is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
(Verbindung zu Copernic Desktop Search - Home (deaktiviert, inkompatibel))

The following are user styles for stylish add-on
Addon with GUID of 1 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 2 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 5 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 6 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 7 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 8 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 9 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 10 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 11 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 12 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 13 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 18 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 20 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 21 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 22 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 24 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 25 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 26 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of 28 is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
bege

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

I've been unable to duplicate this problem so far. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the de (German) locale. Have you tried completely removing OPIE and re-installing? You should also remove any OPIE files in your profile folder (i.e., OPIEedits.json and/or OPIEedits.dat).

Also check for any OPIE warnings/messages in the error console (not just errors).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby bege » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 am

re-installing did it. Must have been corrupted by updating.
I thought I had to configure all those preference bases anew, that OPIE had not found before. But with the new version you managed to have OPIE find all but one! :D Fantastic. Thank you.

The one left extension OPIE has problems with is Restartless Restart 8
The GUID name is restartless.restart@ericvold.com
The basis is extensions.restartless-restart
After setting the basis manually it is shown in green color in OPIE, nevertheless no settings are backed up
There are 6 entries with the above basis.
The OPIE configuration says Preferences -1, Chrome Name unknown
bege

Postby bege » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:00 pm

I updated to Firefox 9 and now the mentioned add-on is in the export list, also.
OPIE and the add-on have not been updated, so I don't have a clue why it didn't work before and does now. But it's nice, anyhow. :D

Edit: it's the same issue as described in the first post: when exporting right away this add-on is missing. When showing the configuration first and then exporting the add-on is included. :(
bege

Return to OPIE