OPIE Confuration changes and exporting

"Ordered Preference Import/Export" discussion and bug reporting.

OPIE Confuration changes and exporting

Postby anon42 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I am using FF16..0.1, OPIE4.0, TMP0.4.0pre.120724a (among other addons). I am somewhat confused about the use of Configure. I see that any changes I make to the configuration the Preference roots are saved by OPIE (in OPIEedits.json). And of course I needed to change the TMP Preference root to "extensions.tabmix" to get OPIE to properly save TMP's preferences.

The confusing part is that since OPIE knows my configuration changes then why can't it apply them in future exports? Why do I have to explicitly click Configure each time and then click Get extensions info before doing the export?

Is OPIE intended to impose this requirement or is is the a bug? If intentional then it would be nice to have another export checkbox to indicate that exports are to use my saved configuration changes. This would avoid having to go through the extra steps every time I want to do an export.
anon42

Re: OPIE Confuration changes and exporting

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes, it is a bug. I'm able to duplicate it and should have a fix in a day or two. When I have the fix, I'll report it in this thread. If you subscribed to this topic, you should get an email when the message is posted.

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, another user reported the same thing about a year ago but the fix never got written :oops:. Sorry about that.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby anon42 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Great and thanks for the prompt handling.
anon42

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 pm

OK, the fix is in. Please test it as thoroughly as you have time for. I would hope it to be error free before I submit it to AMO.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby anon42 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Looks good.

Again, thanks for fixing this.
anon42

Return to OPIE