TEBE beta available for testing

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks for the update Rory. Keep them coming! I've made note of your items and will put them on the TEBE todo list.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Additional Console error report

Postby killjay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:19 pm

The console in my Aug 3, 2009 Tb 3.0b4pre nightly cought this:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIExternalProtocolService.loadURI]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tebe/content/tebeCommon.js :: tebeOpenLink :: line 447" data: no]
killjay

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Do you recall exactly what you were doing at the time? It looks like it failed trying to open a link.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: TEBE Problem with TB3.B3

Postby DiabolusCanis » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm

DiabolusCanis wrote:Hi Chuck:

I installed Thunderbird B3 today and have encountered a problem with TEBE beta20090111_192528. The "TEBE Backup in progress ... Please Wait" popup window doesn't go away until I click on "Abort". TEBE does seem to perform the backup, however.

Thanks for your TEBE development efforts!

Update:
Since upgrading to TB 3.0b4, I am no longer experiencing this problem. TEBE saves the profile and closes itself when finished. I don't know why it works with b4 and not b3, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks again Chuck!
DiabolusCanis

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Yay! :D

I haven't changed anything in TEBE for quite a while. Must be TB is still going through growing pains.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby ag0044 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 am

DiabolusCanis wrote:Update:
Since upgrading to TB 3.0b4, I am no longer experiencing this problem. TEBE saves the profile and closes itself when finished. I don't know why it works with b4 and not b3, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks again Chuck!

Unfortunately, the same isn't happening for me with b4. In other words, TEBE still just sits there, going on and on. It does save the profile, but the progress bar still never stops and so, never finishes.

Sorry!

Rory
ag0044

Postby DiabolusCanis » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:00 am

ag0044 wrote:
DiabolusCanis wrote:Update:

Thanks again Chuck!

Unfortunately, the same isn't happening for me with b4. In other words, TEBE still just sits there, going on and on. It does save the profile, but the progress bar still never stops and so, never finishes.

Sorry!
Rory

Weird. I've been monitoring TEBE closely since my last post to see if the extension would quit working, but it just finished another successful run. (I backup daily BTW.) I will post again if I encounter any problems.

Appreciate your work Chuck!
DiabolusCanis

Re: TEBE beta available for testing

Postby QuarrellaDeVil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Hello, Chuck...long time, no chat.

Just did a fresh install of TB 3.04 tonight, and installed the current TEBE. Everything's working as I expect thus far, but I noticed a few things:

1) In Options, User-Defined Backups is greyed out. Work in progress?

2) The link to the TEBE FAQ in the About doesn't get you to a FAQ. It gets you to your "Chuck has moved" page.

3) I like to keep my mail folders in a separate folder, \MAIL, and noticed that if I tell TEBE to back up my message folders, it only picks up mail folders that are under the TB profile folder.

If I've missed something, feel free to hand me the salad spoons and I'll extract my head. Thanks!
QuarrellaDeVil

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 pm

I hope to release one more beta and then the v1.0 stable this summer. By then I should have some of the items you pointed out fixed.

I was planning on removing the User-defined backups in TEBE as I felt it was just a duplication of the FEBE functionality. But since you pointed out that it's possible to have non-default folder locations in Tb, perhaps it would be better to leave it in.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby QuarrellaDeVil » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:41 pm

<rattle rattle> Any movement on TEBE? :D
QuarrellaDeVil

Previous

Return to TEBE