Message filters not backed up

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

Message filters not backed up

Postby rc1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Great plugin :D

A question: the message filters (tools > message filters) are not backup up it seems. Would it be possible to include this in the functionality? I've got heaps of them and would not want to loose them.
rc1

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:43 am

Are you referring to a TEBE full profile backup? If so, I'll have to look into where the filters are stored.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rc1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:Are you referring to a TEBE full profile backup? If so, I'll have to look into where the filters are stored.

Well, I just would like to be able to backup the filters that can be see in Thunedrbird under 'tools > message filters'.

It would be great if this was (also) a selective option for people that do not want to use the TEBE full profile backup option, but if you can only include it as part of the 'full profile backup', that would be a great start... Loosing my message filters would be very painfull, I've got about 40 filters in there, each with several rules in them.

Thanks for looking into, and please ping me when it's been added, I'll upgrade straight away! Thanks again...
rc1

Postby rc1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Chuck!

Any updates on this?

Thanks...
rc1

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Sorry, but I haven't found the time to get back to TEBE just yet. I've spent most of my summer hiatus (I'm a schoolteacher) working on getting FEBE 6.2 out and making major updates to Paste Email Plus 3.0. I do hope to have TEBE ready when Thunderbird 3.0 is released, but it looks like that project will be relegated to the weekends for the time being.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rc1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to let me know where the filters are stored and how I could back them up manually if you know?

Thanks!
rc1

Postby rc1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:50 pm

rc1

Postby rc1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Now I can backup filters with this add-on yay! Maybe you can add the functionality to FEBE as well
rc1

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Yes ... that extension seems to be handy. For future reference, you can use FEBE (or TEBE perhaps) to backup the message filters file. It is located in your Tb profile directory in the "Mail/(account)" subfolder and is called msgFilterRules.dat.

For example, mine is located in: C:\Users\CBaker\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\habf3icf.default\Mail\mail.customsoftwareconsult.com
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to TEBE