TEBE stuck at profile restore

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

TEBE stuck at profile restore

Postby gfnord » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:57 am

I have a rather large Thunderbird profile backup (5GB) and I don't know if TEBE is having problems or it just needs so much time.

The restore window says "Profile Restore in Progress... Please wait" for 15+ minutes with no progress bar or any other indication that anything's happening. No visible CPU activity, disk activity also very low. No files appearing in profile folders (*if* I looked in the right ones). Is there a way for me to know that TEBE is actually doing anything?

I use Thunderbird 3.0.1 with TEBEbeta(20090111_192528) on Windows 7, on a new quad-core machine.

So far, FEBE has been fully reliable, I hope TEBE will work for me as well. Thanks for these great addons.
gfnord

Re: TEBE stuck at profile restore

Postby DaPuffer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:44 pm

i got the same problem. i waited for 5 minutes and my backup is only 72 mb.
it don't work so please fix this problem.

i use thunderbird 3.0.4 with the newest TEBE version (TEBEbeta(20090111_192528). and i got windows 7 with a high performance pc.
DaPuffer

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 am

Hmm ... it seems that any new problems that crop up with my extensions are on the Win 7 platform. In fact, I've created an entire forum topic for Win 7 weirdness.

But let's try to debug it anyway.

Are you getting any TEBE related errors in the error console (Tools > Error Console)? You may also want try the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Also try running "Clear TEBE preferences" and "Verify extension directory" in Tools > TEBE > TEBE Options > Debug.

If you are still experiencing problems, try this: Open and clear the Error console. Leave it open and perform a restore. After a few seconds, examine the error console for any error messages. Copy/paste them here.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Maljava » Fri May 14, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Chuck

I was trying to make a complete backup/restore profile from XP to Windows7 and I
also am experiencing the behavior outlined here: FEBE takes forever to try to restore
into a brand new profile and never completes.
It does restore tabs, bookmarks, and some of the plug-ins, but something is messed up.

From WinXP, Firefox 6.3.6, FEBE 6.3.3 --to--> Win7, Firefox 6.3.6, FEBE 6.3.3
Error Console says:
Code: Select all
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST) [nsIZipReader.getEntry]"  nsresult: "0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://febe/content/febeZip.js :: febeUnzip :: line 134"  data: no]

Thanks! I hope this will help.

M.

PS: By the way, following your how-to on restoring a profile manually worked for me. Thanks
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=593&start=0
Maljava

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri May 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Have you tried manually restoring? (Of course you will be using your Thunderbird profile, not Firefox, though.)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to TEBE