Status of TEBE

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

Status of TEBE

Postby saheemg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am

Hello, First time posting.... I like FEBE. I was looking to use TEBE, but the beta seems to be dated from last year. Is TEBE still being developed? If so, when will the final release be available?
saheemg

Re: Status of TEBE

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Even though the TEBE beta is a little old, it has been stable and working for months. In fact, when TEBE v1.0 is released, it will most likely be the current beta with little or no changes.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby ysco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 am

I Use Tebe for some time now but it is only working for me with version 3.0/ 3.01 if i upgrade to a newer version of Thunderbird then Tebe works not correct anymore, any idea what can cause this.

Best regards,

ysco..
ysco

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

I am using TEBE with Tb 3.0.2 and it is working fine for me. What issues are you having?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Tebe no longer listed on AMO?

Postby gggirlgeek » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Hello,

I was wondering about TEBE too until I came here. I was not able to find it on Mozilla's addon site, nor through the "Search all Addon-ons bar in Thunderbird.

What in the world in going on with AMO lately, anyway? Extensions aren't getting approved or updated, like Load Tabs Progressively, and I've started seeing some disappear even though they're legitimate (Tebe.) Others get updates ASAP, like Noscript. And hacking-assist extensions get to stay? This smells like politics to me. Am I wrong?
gggirlgeek

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 am

Actually, TEBE has not yet been submitted to AMO. It is technically still in beta (and has been for nearly three years!). Quite simply, I've just never made the time to polish it up and submit it. As soon as I get FEBE/CLEO/OPIE ready for Fx4, I should have more time.

In the meantime, TEBE can be installed from the homepage.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby gggirlgeek » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:00 am

'K. :oops: Paranoia checked for a day.

Thanks for the great apps BTW. I wrote a long thank you note in the forum yesterday and smoothly deleted it by sitting on my keyboard. :roll: Your extensions have taught me so much by allowing me the freedom to experiment with Firefox and even Windows safely. They are essential for add-on addicts like me.

Best regards.

P.S. Yes, I've found an add-on for that... now. :)
gggirlgeek

Return to TEBE