[solved] Error adding global-messages-db.sqlite to zip arch

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

[solved] Error adding global-messages-db.sqlite to zip arch

Postby Isaac.Eiland-Hall » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 am

EDIT: PROBLEM IS THAT I'M USING PORTABLE THUNDERBIRD
____

First, praise:

Bolding 'section' headers to make this easy to process... but I wanted to start out by saying that I have been using FEBE for a couple of months or so, and loving it. The ability to take *my* profile to a new computer is... priceless. As well as being able to rebuild my OS and know that all I have to do to have a seamless experience with my Firefox profile is install Firefox, FEBE, and restore my latest backup. That's just awesome.

I just discovered TEBE as I was having troubles moving my Tbird profile from a portable Tbird install to a permanent one. TEBE exists? HOLY COW AWESOME. ...*ahem*. Sorry. Just a little excited. :)

The Error:

From the pop-up dialogue box's "Copy to Clipboard":

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[nsIZipWriter.addEntryFile]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://tebe/content/tebeZip.js :: anonymous :: line 80" data: no]

Error adding global-messages-db.sqlite to zip archive

Tbird version: 3.0.2

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100216 Thunderbird/3.0.2

No addons except TEBE.

This is a "Portable" Thunderbird, from PortableApps.org

Process:

1. Installed TEBE
2. Defined backup directory
3. Tools -> TEBE -> Perform Backup

While the status window with "Abort" displayed, after a few moments, the popup by the system tray appeared, with the error above. After copying, then closing; TEBE/Tbird unresponsive; had to end-task.

Thoughts:

Anything you'd like me to try, I will do my best. My bug report is an intrusion on your time, so no worries if nothing presents itself.

I'm really hoping that it has nothing to do with the fact that this is a portable installation of Tbird.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I did search the forum first; found some FEBE issues, but nothing that seemed to really apply...

EDIT2: Using TEBEbeta(20090111_192528).xpi
Last edited by Isaac.Eiland-Hall on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac.Eiland-Hall

Re: Error adding global-messages-db.sqlite to zip archive

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 pm

First of all, thanks for the kudos!
I'm really hoping that it has nothing to do with the fact that this is a portable installation of Tbird.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that is what the problem is. FEBE for Portable Fx is not officially supported even though some users have had some success with it. TEBE for Portable Tb is the same way.

The problem stems from the fact that the portable apps don't recognize profiles and both FEBE and TEBE are very profile aware.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Error adding global-messages-db.sqlite to zip archive

Postby Isaac.Eiland-Hall » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Shucks. Well, thank you very much.

At least once I get stuff set up again in the 'legit' Tbird, I'll have TEBE now - which basically gives me everything Portable Tbird did, only even better.

Seriously, how can you sleep at night, knowing how awesome you are? :D
Isaac.Eiland-Hall

Return to TEBE