is TEBE dead?

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

is TEBE dead?

Postby pi3ch » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi everybody, was checking to find solution to backup automatically Thunderbird emails. I came up with TEBE. is this project still under development or it is discontinued? (since extension is not compatible with recent version of TB)
Chuck are you happy for collaboration on this project?
pi3ch

Re: is TEBE dead?

Postby Joe Sewell » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 pm

I can't say whether Chuck is still working on TEBE, or plans to, but it does work with the most recent release version of Thunderbird (3.1.14), if you tell it to stop whining about incompatibility.

If you're gutsy, you can edit install.rdf in TEBE's directory in your profile's extensions directory and tell it it's compatible with your version.

If you don't mind having to reset it every time there's an update, and you don't want to risk damaging the .rdf file, you can install the MR Tech Toolkit add-on. That will let you tell Thunderbird to "make compatible" any extension you want. Be warned, that doesn't mean the add-on really is compatible; it just tells Thunderbird that it is. In TEBE's case it is compatible.
Joe Sewell

Re: is TEBE dead?

Postby carbuff76 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks for the post, Joe.

Unfortunately, once you get beyond TB 3.1.x, TEBE needs major surgery to allow it to function with TB 5, 6, or I suspect, 7.
carbuff76

Return to TEBE