TEBE Beta(20120323_REJIG) Hangs after first Extension/Theme

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

Re: TEBE Beta(20120323_REJIG) Hangs after first Extension/Th

Postby spaceShot9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 am

The_Boojum wrote:Gary,
in asynch mode everything works fine. All extensions, prefs, address books, and messages backed up correctly.
Schedule now set for daily processing.
Many thanks for all your hard work to get this working.
I am, and will remain, a fan of TEBE/FEBE.
All the best
Hugo

Hmm, it sounds like it should be working when not asynchronous, but I don't know. I can't explain it as I have no issues at all. If you're trying to backup screeds of mail it could be timing out or something. Is there anything in the error console?

I'm glad you've got it working, anyway, and you're welcome. ;-)

Cheers.
spaceShot9
Contributor

Postby The_Boojum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Gary,
there are no TEBE specific messages or any others that would seem to have any impact on TEBE in the error log.I am quite happy to assist in any way with the debugging as I like TEBE.
On another point, I ave 10 different E-mail addresses, but I only use my primary address as all others forward their mail to the primary. However, I would like to back them all up, but TEBE only works with the session that is active.
Can you help me on this. I looked at the user defined folders, but it looks like I can only define a single directory here.
On your question about the amount of data, this is runnng at ca. 1.5gb.
Regrads,
Hugo
The_Boojum

Postby spaceShot9 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:28 am

The_Boojum wrote:On another point, I ave 10 different E-mail addresses, but I only use my primary address as all others forward their mail to the primary. However, I would like to back them all up, but TEBE only works with the session that is active.
Can you help me on this. I looked at the user defined folders, but it looks like I can only define a single directory here.

Again, I'm not really following what you're asking. If by "session" you mean profile, then there's no way to back up multiple profiles in a single pass and it's unlikely to happen. That would require a complete redesign and significant changes, which I'm not really up for. It now looks like were already going to have to completely rework both FEBE and TEBE just to get them past the pains at AMO, and that's going to take significant effort by itself.

If you're forwarding all mail to one address and that address is used in one profile, all of the mail should be backed up with that profile. If you have one profile that contains multiple addresses, then all mail for all addresses should, as far as I know, be backed up when you back up that profile. The entire mail folder structure is stored with the mail so it shouldn't matter how you divide things up. So I'm not sure where there'd be a problem.

Otherwise you need to explain clearly how you have things configured and what you're trying to do.

Cheers.
spaceShot9
Contributor

Postby The_Boojum » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Gary,
thanks for the reply. I am happy as it is, but I will look at moving all the E-mail addresses into my main profile.
Hugo
The_Boojum

Previous

Return to TEBE