restarted Thnderbird in case there was some other problem. Checked that the new version was in - it was. Did Quick Backups of all extensions - No problems.
Then did Backup of all extensions and got the following messages in the Log:
Timestamp: 11.05.2012 18:45:22
Error: TEBE debug: tebeCopyFile(): Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.remove]
Source File: chrome://tebe/content/tebeCommon.js
Timestamp: 11.05.2012 18:45:23
Error: tebeBuItemVerifiedList is not defined
Source File: chrome://tebe/content/tebe.js
Thanks, you have trapped something useful there. The tebeCopyFile "errors" are actually normal insasmuch as they're not fatal. They're being reported now because of the additional error reporting I put in place. I still need to look at this because I don't think it should be complaining about normal copy operations that can't be completed because the file isn't present.
The last error is a problem because the variable tebeBuItemVerifiedList isn't defined and would be fatal I think. I don't know why it didn't happen for me, that's a bit of a mystery, however, I fixed that problem and I'm about to post another version for you to try. Investigating that also showed me that there were some related pieces from FEBE that I had missed and not ported, so I've added those now, too. The new code is related to extension verification and should be used when backing up and when using the Verify Extension Directory function on the Advanced tab.
Let me know how you go.