TEBE Beta 05_16_12 - Objects missing in Backup

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

TEBE Beta 05_16_12 - Objects missing in Backup

Postby carbuff76 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Gary,

I installed the latest TEBE Beta on TB R10 esr. It's come a long way in a few short months. Thanks.

I did notice two quirks in this beta. I don't know if there is a problem with the profile I'm using or with TEBE. I have been using the profile since TB r 3.6, but it works fine with Thunderbird R10. When I do a selective backup, including the mail folders, all the POP mail folders get backed up, but the imap mail folders do not get backed up.

Secondly, when I do a full profile backup, all of the objects are not included. A backup that used to take about 90 secs, gets done in less that a second and a half. Now that's a great performance improvement! But the backup is only about 40 MB. I should be a little over 1 GB. None of the mail folders are in the .tbu file and it looks like TEBE quit normally in the middle of backing up the Extensions folder of the profile.

Any ideas of further tests I could run to see where/why TEBE seems to terminate early but gives an indication that it completed normally.

Thanks,
Bill
carbuff76

Re: TEBE Beta 05_16_12 - Objects missing in Backup

Postby spaceShot9 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info.

carbuff76 wrote:Hi Gary,

I installed the latest TEBE Beta on TB R10 esr. It's come a long way in a few short months. Thanks.

I did notice two quirks in this beta. I don't know if there is a problem with the profile I'm using or with TEBE. I have been using the profile since TB r 3.6, but it works fine with Thunderbird R10. When I do a selective backup, including the mail folders, all the POP mail folders get backed up, but the imap mail folders do not get backed up.

I expect that's either because Chuck didn't know about/remember them when he wrote that bit or something's changed in TB recently. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

carbuff76 wrote:Secondly, when I do a full profile backup, all of the objects are not included. A backup that used to take about 90 secs, gets done in less that a second and a half. Now that's a great performance improvement! But the backup is only about 40 MB. I should be a little over 1 GB. None of the mail folders are in the .tbu file and it looks like TEBE quit normally in the middle of backing up the Extensions folder of the profile.

Any ideas of further tests I could run to see where/why TEBE seems to terminate early but gives an indication that it completed normally.

Thanks,
Bill

Please see this entry as well.

Thanks.
spaceShot9
Contributor

Re: TEBE Beta 05_16_12 - Objects missing in Backup

Postby spaceShot9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 am

I've added IMAP mail backup in the 6th Jan update.
spaceShot9
Contributor

Return to TEBE