Profile Restore never ends

Thunderbird Environment Backup Extension

Profile Restore never ends

Postby The_Boojum » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi,
I installed TEBE BETA 20120604 which is the same level I was using on my deceased laptop and then tried restoring the profile to a new, and not active, profile. The restore just runs and runs at ca. 1-2% CPU but seems to do nothing. I switched on DEBUG mode and set the Chrome Timeout to 0, but nothing seems to help.
The_Boojum

Re: Profile Restore never ends

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Gary (spaceShot9) took over development of TEBE some time ago, but until or unless he responds to this post I will try to help.

Before attempting a restore, open and clear the Tb error console (Tools > Error Console). Leave it open and try a restore noting any TEBE related messages in the console (type tebe in the search field).

Please copy/paste them here. (Use CTRL-A, CTRL-C to select all and copy to the clipboard).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby The_Boojum » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Chuck,
appears only to be a single error, as follows:
Timestamp: 18.06.2013 08:26:53
Error: NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIZipReader.open]
Source File: chrome://tebe/content/tebeZip.js
Line: 169
The_Boojum

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 am

It looks like TEBE is having trouble opening the profile backup file. You can try to manually restore the file as follows:

1. First close Thunderbird if it is running.
  2. Open the profile backup (profileTb{profileName}.tbu) with any zip utility program. You may need to rename the file extension from .tbu to .zip before the zip utility will recognize it. You most likely already have a zip utility installed, but if you don't you can use the free 7zip.
  3. Extract the contents of your profile backup to you Thunderbird profile folder. For instance, in my case the profile (cbaker) folder is located in C:/Users/CBaker/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/ejzqoz10.cbaker/
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to TEBE