WIN7 X64 FEBE PROFILE BACKUP OF PC1 ON PC2 OK?

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

WIN7 X64 FEBE PROFILE BACKUP OF PC1 ON PC2 OK?

Postby JamesEJ » Mon May 22, 2017 6:48 am

Running win7 x64 with FEBE on both PC1 and PC2, each PC is the same gateway model and Fx version.

Looks like the PC1 Fx profile is corrupt cos I cannot manually (including by drag/drop or copy-paste) or use "add bookmark here" addon to save many urls (mostly google urls) but also google urls also fail to show up in Fx history, so go figure.

What I thought I'd do, was to backup PC2's full profile with FEBE (PC2 did not have those PC1 problems) and install that FEBE profile on PC2, in the hope that PC1 will function good like PC2 does.

What procedure or anything else would you suggest? I have the HTG "how to" on how to backup with FEBE and your article "FEBE 101-The Basics of backing Up, and also your FEBE 101)-Restoring a Firefox Profile. Just a tad bit of lack of a full understanding after studying these good articles on my part is all.

Your help is and will be appreciated. Thanks, Jim. :thumbup:

BTW, Love your Paste Email Plus addon. Works many places and is a time saver, for sure!
JamesEJ

Re: WIN7 X64 FEBE PROFILE BACKUP OF PC1 ON PC2 OK?

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am

I would suggest manually restoring the PC 2 profile to PC 1. You would need to copy the full profile backup file (named something similar to "profileFx53.0.3(FEBE8.9.3.1){Chuck}.fbu" in your FEBE backup destination directory) to a thumb drive and follow the instruction for manually restoring a full profile backup found here.

Once restored, you should go through FEBE options on PC 1 to make sure the correct options are selected.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 am

OK, so I take it that its possible (or maybe likely?) that my PC1 profile is corrupt which could be the the cause of the FX no paste symptom? Jim
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Are you sure it's a Fx problem profile problem? Can you copy/paste into other programs? If not, It may be due to some other program or even Windows itself.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm

well, that really was what I was here to find out. But Fx was the sole place I could not paste and almost entirely not paste google searches. Also google searches did not show up in Fx history. So I had to conclude it was fx related, you see.

But new update!! while waiting for you last reply, I downloaded "docfetcher: to search my Oo Folder files. Presto!! Fx history started show showing google searches and I could now pave in Fx, Go figure? Any thot on that mystery?

Uh 2nd thot. Just before docfetcher had some windows reboot opening probs & did a sys-restore and disc check repair, sooo... gotta throw that in the soup also. Jim :angel:
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue May 23, 2017 6:00 pm

This may not be related, but whenever I have a Windows 10 update pending (i.e., waiting for me to shutdown and/or restart), my Fx acts funky ... some things just don't work right. But after a restart all is well.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 am

Yeah, all the way back to my win98 days, windows sometimes seems to have a mind of its own when it wants to. Kinda weird. :wtf:

Guess I'll uninstall DocFetcher and see what goes from there. Really do appreciate your time, Jim
JamesEJ

Return to Windows 7 issues