Extension data is still loading

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

Extension data is still loading

Postby Corleth » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 am

After updating from 7.0 to 7.0.1 I get the error message

"Extension data is still loading ... try again in a few seconds"

It seems FEBE doesn't finish its load after the firefox start.
I already de- an re-installed FEBE, but it didn't help and I can't do any backups anymore.

Do have any recomendations how to get rid of this?

Edit: I just see, I posted this in the wrong Thread as I use XP not Win 7.
Corleth

Re: Extension data is still loading

Postby Norky » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:26 am

I would like to hijack this thread because I am having the same problem and I am running Win 7. I have been having this problem for quite some time so I updated to FEBE 7.0.2 (I use FF 6.0.2.) with great hopes. I cleared my FEBE preferences and unfortunately that did not seem to be the fix.

I have tried searching the archives for a fix but although this seems to be a common problem, I cannot seem to pinpoint any one suggestion that fixes the problem.

I did see that there was something about running Check the AddOnManager functionality and got the following info:

Addon with GUID of smartwebprinting@hp.com is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of {22119944-ED35-4ab1-910B-E619EA06A115} is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory
Addon with GUID of {3DF533F5-FB3C-4c4c-A1D7-99717F8C3038} is reported by AddonManager but does not have an entry in the extensions directory

Unfortunately these three notations are meaningless to me because the first one smartwebprinting@hp.com is not even an add on that I show in FF, the other two I have no clue on how to identity what they are.

At any rate, I am not even sure the info I just pasted below has anything to do with the issue so I am looking for some help. I cannot use FEBE either with scheduled backups and sometimes even run into the error with manual backups as well.
Norky

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 pm

• {22119944-ED35-4ab1-910B-E619EA06A115} belongs to AI RoboForm
  • {3DF533F5-FB3C-4c4c-A1D7-99717F8C3038} belongs to Webroot malicious URL filtering
  • smartwebprinting@hp.com belongs to HP Smart Web Printing

Roboform has been know to cause problems with FEBE and toolbar-type addons are often problematic. Do any of the three extensions/plugins appear in the FEBE ignore list (FEBE Options > What to backup > Ignore list)? If so, you can check the box to have been skip them during a backup.

Note: If you are curious about a particular GUID (like {22119944-ED35-4ab1-910B-E619EA06A115}), Googling it will usually provide some insight as to what extension it represents.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Norky » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you so much for the tip to google the GUID's. I should have thought of that myself.

You asked if any of these were listed in the ignore list. I checked and none of them are. From your reply it was not clear to me whether I should add them if they are not.

I am puzzled about the hpsmartprinting GUID because I do not have an addon in FF such as that and the Roboform addon is no longer enabled on my FF addons.

At any rate, what is your suggestion on how to remedy my problem?
Norky

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:09 am

You cannot add entries to the ignore list, but only check/uncheck items that are already there. You bring up a good point, though. In the next release I will include all installed plugins (instead of just extension/themes) in the list and have them checked by default. This will alleviate the plugins-masquerading-as-extensions from being included in the backup. (Plugins are never included in a backup as they do not follow the standard Firefox extension/theme installation process. Each one is different and FEBE has no way of knowing how to restore them. Clicking Tools > Add-ons > Plugins will give you a list of your installed plugins. There you can disable them (at least temporarily) to see if it effects the backup.)

Do you have FEBE Options > How to backup > Ignore disabled extensions checked?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JohnE1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I am having a similar issue with FEBE running in Firefox 7.0.1 under Fedora 15 (Linux).

The popup window says, "Loading......." at the top but the parsed list looks to be complete and finished because I'm getting a summary at the bottom. There are no buttons at the bottom of the window (Close, Cancel, OK, etc.) and there are no Min, Max, Close buttons above the title bar.

Even shutting down Firefox left this window open. I right-clicked on the window's icon in the lower panel bar (Taskbar in Windows) and was able to close it there.

Let me know if you need more info, Chuck.

Regards,

JohnE1

P.S. FYI, While this issue was in Linux NOT Windows 7, I couldn't find an appropriate forum, but did find this similar issue here, so this seemed the best place to report my experience.
JohnE1

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm not sure which window you are seeing. You say it is a popup window and the only content is "Loading..."? Could you post a screenshot?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Hmark » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:54 am

[EDIT]
Found a solution here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2908
But this means, I'll have to confirm the installation of every add-on. :shock:

[EDIT]
I'm running FF at 26.0 at the moment and FEBE on 7.3.0.1.
I have the same problem, on closing FF while running backup via FEBE I get the message "Extension data is stll loading".
I tried to export, clear and re-import FEBE settings but to no avail.
Second I tried fixing by de- and re-installing FEBE, but again this won't work.
But i observed that FEBE will work properly if I start a manual backup some seconds before closing FF (with automatic backup).
Are there any hints?
Hmark

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:57 am

cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows 7 issues