FEBE 7.0.1 Can't backup Profile, places error

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

FEBE 7.0.1 Can't backup Profile, places error

Postby tierix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 am

Hi,

Since I've been using Firefox 4.0.1, i haven't been able to use FEBE much! I always have the same error message, see below:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[nsIZipWriter.addEntryFile]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://febe/content/febeZip.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 126" data: no]

Error adding places.sqlite-shm to zip archive

I have already replaced this file (delete) but after 1 backup, same issue re appear again. Any Ideas please?
tierix

Re: FEBE 7.0.1 Can't backup Profile, places error

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:45 am

All sqlite files in your profile folder that end with .sqlite-shm, .sqlite-wal, .sqlite-journal, etc. are normally removed when you close the browser. They are only created when and if needed and should not normally exist (I believe they are temp files used to update the database).

In any event, I will have FEBE ignore them in a future release. In the meantime, try this fix: FEBE7.0.2.xpi.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby tierix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm

thanks for your reply. This file actually includes Favourites and browsing history. See here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

I'm not sure this file is just a temp file. That would awesome if I could ignore these files since the items they represent can be individually included via the "Backup Type" tab under "Aditional Items".

I installed your extention (link above) but now, everytime I start a backup I get 7 ERROR SCREENS every single time that says about this:

"Next Scheduled Backup:
Class:
style:color: blue; font-weight: normal;"

EXTREMELY annoying...

thank you very much
tierix

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Yes ... that version is my current debug/test version. It is not ready for prime-time, I just wanted to see if it correctly handled your place.sqlite-shm issue.

Places.sqlite does indeed store bookmarks and history. But the -shm (shared memory) and -wal (write-ahead-logging) files are temporary (or "quasi-persistent" in geekspeak. See this explanation.).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby tierix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:43 pm

oh sorry, I didn't understand that it was an unfinished version of your app.

I tried it twice and it worked twice so hopefully, you're on the right track! thanks again for your hard work.

An idea when this version will be ready please?
thanks again
tierix

Return to Windows 7 issues