"Warn about pending extension installs"

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

"Warn about pending extension installs"

Postby djlewis » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 am

A few comments/issues regarding the "Warn about pending extension installs" under the "How to back up" tab.

First, this option, if turned on, requires interaction during a backup, which contradicts the principle of scheduled, unattended backup. I realize it's an option, but it seems to be the only one of this nature, and it's easy to enable it without realizing it will hang an overnight backup (is it the default?). I suggest the option be removed or changed to respect unattended operation.

Next, the dialog box that came up was in the lower right of my screen, half off the visible area, with the buttons not visible. In addition, FF was totally frozen, though I cannot be sure FEBE is doing that. In any case, there was no way for me to check the "cancel" button or to move the FEBE dialog so that the buttons were visible. I had to kill FF from the task manager.

Thanks. --David
djlewis

Re: "Warn about pending extension installs"

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:22 am

That makes sense. The next version will have "Warn about pending extension installs" default to false. (Currently it defaults to true.)
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows 7 issues