Ignore List is Not Saved

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

Ignore List is Not Saved

Postby maxjasper » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi folks,

Ignore list does not save and each time FF is loaded the list must be generated but still before backup FEBE stops n produces warning dialog boxes. Any solution to get rid of these warnings?
Thanks
Max.
maxjasper

Re: Ignore List is Not Saved

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 pm

After you click "Save changes" in FEBE options > What to backup > Ignore list, are any errors listed in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? (You should clear the error console before you try this to make it easier to notice any FEBE related errors.)
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Tiramis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 am

It doesn't help, any other ideas?
Tiramis

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 am

What doesn't help?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby steven107 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm

I too am experiencing this problem - the "Ingnore List" is not saved.

Chuck, I checked the error console just before trying to save the list, and cleared it to make sure that any new errors were directly relating to FEBE.

After trying to save the Ignore List, my error console reports numerous errors as you can see by the attached image. I don't know if this will help you determine the problem?

Sorry I can't work out any way to copy and paste the text from the error console.

Steven

FEBE.jpg
Screen dump of some of the errors
FEBE.jpg (160.81 KiB) Viewed 9534 times
steven107

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

The messages in the error console are just warnings, not errors that should cause the ignore list not to be saved. Do you get the FEBE popup message that says "Ignore list saved"?

It might also be a file permissions problem. One thing you could try is deleting the file febeIgnoreListData.json located within your [profile] folder (do this with Fx closed). FEBE will attempt to re-create it when you open FEBE options.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby steven107 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Chuck,

Yes, it pops up "Ignore list saved" even though it appears it is not saving it.

Deleting the febeIgnoreListData.json with FF closed hasn't fixed the issue for me. As you said, it was re-created after trying to save ignored files once more.

Re the "type error" and "syntax errors" showing in my image: There were dozens of those in my list, scrolling down I found some slightly different ones. Image attached.

FEBE2.jpg
More errors
FEBE2.jpg (201 KiB) Viewed 9531 times
steven107

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I'll look into it more tomorrow. Could you post the contents of febeIgnoreListData.json here (you can open it with any text editor, i.e., Wordpad, Notepad, etc.)? I'm wondering if something in the file may be corrupt. Also, give me a list of one or two of the extensions you are trying to ignore and I'll try to duplicate the problem.

BTW, you can copy/paste the error console messages by clicking any one of the messages (to focus the console), CTRL-A (selects all), CTRL-C (copies) and CTRL-V (pastes).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby steven107 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 am

Hi Chuck,

I've fixed the problem although I don't know what caused it.

My febeIgnoreListData.json contents after reading your previous post:

{"id":"web2pdfextension@web2pdf.adobedotcom","name":"Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF{1.2} "}
{"id":"{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}","name":"Default{14.0} (global)"}

The file's modified time was yesterday, at the time I last tried to save it. However, I had told it to include 3 items, being the 2 above and "Nokia Maps 3D Browser Plugin{5.9.2.0}"

Today I tried to re-save the list with again, those 3 items and again, only the 2 shown above were in the .json file.

So then I tried something different: I selected ALL my extensions and saved it - and it worked correctly - with all my extensions showing up in the .json file. Then I removed all the extensions apart from the 3 I wanted in there - and again it saved correctly with just those 3 in it. So now I have my ignore list just the way I want it! A timed backup with FEBE this evening worked perfectly.

So thanks for all your input on this, problem solved!

Steve
steven107

Return to Windows 7 issues