FEBE can't find some files

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

FEBE can't find some files

Postby radar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:14 pm

I keep getting these 2 error messages:

Could not find location of RoboFormToolbarforFirefox{7.7.5}.xpi. Item skipped.

Could not find location of HPSmartWebPrinting{4.51}.xpi. Item skipped.

I have both Roboform and HP SmartWebPrinting installed in Firefox. How do I fix these errors.

Thanks,
radar
radar

Re: FEBE can't find some files

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 pm

The RoboForm toolbar is a known problem (see this post). The HPSmartWebPrinting extension is most likely a plugin also. You can have FEBE ignore them by clicking the checkboxes in FEBE options > What to backup > Ignore list.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby radar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Chuck,
thanks for the reply. there are no entries in my Ignore List. What now?
radar

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Are you clicking the "Get list" button?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby radar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 pm

yes
radar

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Are you getting any FEBE related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? Please install the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Try running "Clear FEBE preferences", "Verify extension directory" and "Check AddonManager functionality" in Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced.

If you are still experiencing problems, try this: Open and clear the Error console. Leave it open and click "Get list". Examine the error console for any FEBE related error messages (type febe in the "Search:" box). Copy/paste them here.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby radar » Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 am

cbaker_admin wrote:Are you getting any FEBE related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? Please install the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Try running "Clear FEBE preferences", "Verify extension directory" and "Check AddonManager functionality" in Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced.

If you are still experiencing problems, try this: Open and clear the Error console. Leave it open and click "Get list". Examine the error console for any FEBE related error messages (type febe in the "Search:" box). Copy/paste them here.

I installed the Error Console but don't really understand how its messages help:

Error: D is undefined

Source file: http://l.yimg.com/zz/combo?gh/lib/my/js ... t_0.0.4.js
Line: 1

Error: google_ads is not defined
Source file: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ple ... 178-8.html
Line: 1943

Error: startDynamicContentFlow is not defined
Source file: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ple ... 178-8.html
Line: 2518

I also clicked on "Clear FEBE preferences" and got another error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data

Finally, I cleared the Error Console and click "Get List" in FEBE but this generated no messages within the Error Console.

What now?

This is sure a lot more difficult and more involved than simply saving my whole profiles folder to a backup drive.

radar
radar

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue May 01, 2012 4:57 pm

radar wrote:This is sure a lot more difficult and more involved than simply saving my whole profiles folder to a backup drive.

Well, it's certainly not supposed to be :?

The only error message that might apply to FEBE is the one that reads "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data". Is that the complete text of the error message? Is it appearing in the error console (as opposed to a pop-up message or just written on the screen)?

I'm wondering if Roboform and/or HP SmartWebPrinting are actually causing FEBE to fail (i.e., a code conflict or something). Can you temporarily disable both of those to see if the FEBE problem goes away?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby radar » Tue May 01, 2012 5:13 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:
radar wrote:The only error message that might apply to FEBE is the one that reads "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data". Is that the complete text of the error message? Is it appearing in the error console (as opposed to a pop-up message or just written on the screen)?

I'm wondering if Roboform and/or HP SmartWebPrinting are actually causing FEBE to fail (i.e., a code conflict or something). Can you temporarily disable both of those to see if the FEBE problem goes away?

yes, that was the complete error message in the console.

Ok, I'll disable Roboform and see what happens
radar

Return to Windows 7 issues