Nothing happens

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

Re: Nothing happens

Postby pson » Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes I did and I now know why. I changed it in about:config as it says in many(all) posts regarding this problem and didn't know that there was a setting for it in FEBE itself, so every time I changed it FEBE changed it back to 60s.
Well I got tired of it all and did a complete re install of Firefox and added all add-ons and made all settings manually since FEBE wouldn't do it..
Now everything works as intended so something was wrong with some settings somewhere in FF, no changes in permissions for the destination folder or settings elsewhere.

Let's hope it'll work from now on. Thx for trying to help, and of course for FEBE :)
pson

Re: Nothing happens

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue May 14, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm glad to hear it is working (at least for now .. :think: ). Yes, there is a setting in FEBE Options > Advanced > Advanced preferences > Chrome script timeout (seconds). FEBE is supposed to change the setting of dom.max_chrome_script_run_time to this value just before a backup is performed, and change it back when the backup completes. Apparently what is happening is that when an error occurs during the backup, FEBE stops working and the value is never changed back.

I should be advising everyone in those posts you mentioned to change the value in FEBE Options, not about:config.

Thanks for reminding me.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Windows 7 issues