FEBE 8.04 unable to create profile

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

FEBE 8.04 unable to create profile

Postby starwhite » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:57 pm

My Mozilla Pale Moon Browser had to be uninstalled. I used FEBE 8 to backup my profile. I did a complete uninstall and clean reinstall of my browser. FEBE 8.04 would not allow me to create a profile, which you must have to restore your profile data to. It said 'unable to create profile argument. I had to think of a solution on my own. SO I uninstalled FEBE 8.04, and reinstalled an older version from 2013, version 7 I believe, which allowed me to create a profile to restore my data into. Now, FEBE 7 did not recognize my backed up profile data from 8.04, so I simply upgraded it to 8.04 and the newly created profile was there too....I then restored everything with no problems. I wanted to share this in the hopes of helping anyone else faced with this issue with FEBE 8.04.
starwhite

Re: FEBE 8.04 unable to create profile

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Wow, it looks like you had to jump through a few hoops to get the job done. In the future, you may want to consider just manually restoring your profile.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: FEBE 8.04 unable to create profile

Postby starwhite » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Not a bad thought, Thank you. Going to back everything up with a more recent Acronis image after this....a great wake up call.
starwhite

Return to Windows 7 issues