beta not able to create new profile dir with restore option

Problems and experiences with my extensions on the Windows 7 platform.

beta not able to create new profile dir with restore option

Postby iGroks » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 am

I'm unable to create a new profile folder via restore profile option.
I get this err with win7pro, febe beta 1 & 2, using palemoon v25.0.2.x86 normal and portable versions.
using profile restore option. using febe's create new profile button I get an error about not enough arguments.
I did the console debug thing. a whole list of warnings appeared. I figured since I was able to reproduce problem so
easily you didnt need the list.

-------

this is my 1st time using the portable version (testing it as a way to carry how I work on a usb stick)
cmdline option -profilemanger does not get called up. is this normal?

AJ
iGroks

Re: beta not able to create new profile dir with restore opt

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:11 am

FEBE is written primarily for Fx users and therefore follows the Fx development path. Fx changed the "createprofile" routine a few releases ago and the changes were implemented into FEBE. Since Pale Moon follows a different development path, some Fx routines will not work. The "createprofile" routine is one of them.

You can still restore a FEBE profile in Pale Moon, you just can't create a new one with the FEBE restore profile window. If you invoke Pale Moon with the command line option (e.g., "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -profilemanager) the profile manager window should appear allowing you to create a new profile. You can then use FEBE to restore a backed up full profile into that new profile.

You cannot, however, use this method with Pale Moon Portable. It does not recognize multiple profiles. See this post in the Pale Moon forum for more information.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows 7 issues