FECT apparently random behaviours with one profile

Firefox Extension Conflict Troubleshooter

FECT fix, and compatibility with e10s

Postby grahamperrin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi, a gentle nudge, are you any closer to a fix for ' in names of extensions?

Also re: https://addons.mozilla.org/compatibilit ... arebychuck is it recommended to have multi-process disabled whilst using the extension to troubleshoot conflicts? I ask because recent versions of Waterfox do not disable e10s when an incompatible extension is enabled.
grahamperrin

Re: FECT apparently random behaviours with one profile

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:42 pm

I've never tried to make any of my extensions with e10s because shortly after Mozilla required it, they announce the 'Legacy' extension debacle so it seemed pointless to address it.

I have, however, updated FECT to v10.1 to address the single quote issue. It should work with Pale Moon, Waterfox and Firefox Developer Edition (FECT 10.1 is not signed, so it will not install in current Fx versions.)

Please give it a try to see if it works for you.

(Attachment removed)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

FECT targeting an extension with ' in its name

Postby grahamperrin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Thanks!

First test run: not intended to be comprehensive, I ended it after one or two iterations. The automated restart had the required number of extensions enabled. A crash occurred, around the time of the restart, whilst I was out of the room, but I'm inclined to treat that as a one-off (not an issue with FECT).

Subsequent test run: I made an extension with ' in its name the target of the troubleshooting routine. With that particular extension targeted, the Continue button seemed to have no effect … later, other peculiarities (e.g. after a reset of the database, the main FECT menu continued to show the option to end a session, and so on) that were worked around only by a manual quit of the browser (Waterfox).
grahamperrin

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Ok ... I've fixed the issue with the target extension having single quotes in the name. Please see if this works for you.

FECT10.1.xpi
Extension Conflict Troubleshooter (unsigned)
(110.46 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

FECT 10.1 OK

Postby grahamperrin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 am

Thanks!

10.1 tested OK for me (139 extensions enabled, 337 disabled before the test session began).
grahamperrin

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Great! Thanks for testing. I've uploaded this version to the FECT homepage and am in the process of posting it to the Pale Moon repository.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FECT