New Beta (0.7) - Can't get it to work?

Discussion and bug reporting for the Text Input Recovery Extension

New Beta (0.7) - Can't get it to work?

Postby AncientWisdom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi,

I've uninstalled the official version from the Chrome Webstore and installed 0.7 - it doesn't seem to work at all?

For one, going into the config shows everything blank, but that may just be the difference between the official version and a dev build.

If I go to a page such as - https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.as ... l_textarea or https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.as ... orm_submit then it doesn't get saved in TIRE, no icon etc.

Cheers,
AW
AncientWisdom

Re: New Beta (0.7) - Can't get it to work?

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:17 pm

For one, going into the config shows everything blank, but that may just be the difference between the official version and a dev build.

Do you mean the TIRE options page? Everything is blank? Are you getting any messages in the error console (press F12 while the options page is open)?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: New Beta (0.7) - Can't get it to work?

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:34 pm

It turns out that the pages on w3schools.com use some very complicated coding to render the "code" box (where you enter the code you want to test). It appears to use individual input fields for each line of code you enter. While TIRE does save the contents of those fields, it does so individually and if I could get the TIRE icon to appear on each line, it would certainly muddle the contents of the box.

Fortunately, those pages do have the ability to save the contents of the box so you can retrieve it at a later time.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to TIRE