No drop Down Menu in Plus

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

No drop Down Menu in Plus

Postby carl101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm Using FF 3.03 on a windows XP SP3 machine.

The original works fine.
Plus gives the context menu entry but no drop down menu (just a little square). Similar for the button in the toolbar. Have tried various text entry fields to no avail.

If I try to enter data via Options on the Add-ons menu everything goes OK until I click save at which point the entry appears to dissappear. I think it is stored since adding another entry with the same label generates the appropriate warning message for trying to use the same label. Problem is I can neither see the entry nor access it. As I say the original version works fine in the exact same text entry fields.
carl101

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 pm

I wonder if somehow the profile/pasteemailplus.dat file got corrupted. Try "Restore default preferences" in Paste Email Plus options pane.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby carl101 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 am

Tried but no change.

Have also tried uninstalling and re-installing. No better.

Could it be a clash with another add-on, but why does the original version work?

When I get the chance I'll try it on the other computer in our household which so far has fewer FireFox Add-ons installed. I guess If it works on there I could gradually add the others which is on my to do list anyway.
carl101

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:18 am

What version of Paste Email Plus are you using? The latest version is 2.0.

BTW, Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus are completely separate extensions (with different GUIDs). It is possible to have both installed at the same time without interfering with each other at all (although I don't know why you would want to).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby carl101 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:20 pm

The latest version 2.0

I can't reproduce the effect on our other computer so it probably isn't a conflict with another Firefox Add-on.
carl101

Postby carl101 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Tried version 1.02 and it worked.

Changed it back to version 2.0 and that now works!

Have not changed anything else so no idea what is going on but my problem is resolved. Typical computing.

The modern equivalent of banging the TV on the top to make it work but with slightly less rationale.

Reminded again of the Mulliganism: "What you need to understand about computers is that they have indivudal personalities and just like a person you can never fully understand a computer but only become familiar with some of its little ways."

Actually I can think of a reason for having both the original and the plus versions installed. It gives you two top level entries on the context menu.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your excellent software.

Carl
carl101

Postby carl101 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 am

On that last point have you thought of re-naming Paste Email (original) to Paste Email Favourites. Thats how I can see myself using it now I've got Plus running.
carl101

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus