suggestion: new meta field for Paste Email plus

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

suggestion: new meta field for Paste Email plus

Postby rpesq » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:56 am

Hi Chuck,

Great addon. Glad that I found this to take the place of 'Signature' extension, which was no longer supported by its creator. Your extension is much better, also.

Would you consider adding an 'Other' category of Meta tags, in particular one for 'Paste from Clipboard'?

I routinely need to make replies that contain a date/time + text copied from clipboard. Obviously, right now I have to manually either CRTL-V or right-click paste. I could save a couple steps...and the occasional screwup/forget... if one of your meta tags would automatically paste the clipboard text. -- ie, %clipboard%

Thanks for your consideration.
rpesq

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:13 am

That's a good idea :)

I'm also thinking of adding a "Save selected text as pastetext entry" function so that items could be added on the fly.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rpesq » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:34 pm

hi chuck,

thanks for your consideration, the clipboard tag would be very useful to me.

Your idea also sounds useful. I could see that 'bookmarking' type of feature being used regularly.

Considering the way that your extension has evolved -- it is more of a Swiss Army knife for Inserting Text, as opposed to just inserting a simple email address -- it might be cool to change the name of the "Plus" extension. Maybe something like AutoText or FireText?
rpesq

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus