Undefined three times at context menu

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Undefined three times at context menu

Postby zeniitti » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Firstly I installed version 2.1. Then I added 2 entry to context menu and everything worked fine. Well Paste Email Plus didn't work exaclty as I planned w/ Gmail so I installed version 3.0 on top of 2.1.

When I restarted Firefox, context menu showed undefined 2 times. 2 are my entrys that I made and one is options. When I added two more items to context menu, still it shows the undefined there.

I uninstalled PEP and tried to remove manually all files from Firefox's C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles but still no luck.

Here are also the image to clarify...

I'm using Vista x64 and Firefox 3.5.3.

How to set all OK??
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm thinking it's a UTF-8 (international character) issue. What language are you using? Are there any non-ASCII characters in the pastetext labels?

ASCII characters are A-Z (upper and lower case), numbers and some punctuation marks. Non-ASCII characters are those with diacritical marks like umlauts, cedilla and diaeresis.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby zeniitti » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:47 pm

OK, I managed to get this right. First I removed 3.0 version and installed the latest version from addons.mozilla.org which is 2.1. I made same entries to it that I've been using. Then I removed those entries. After that I installed 3.0 version and it found mystically my previous items :) Well after all its working and it is good.

After installing 2.1

After adding items to 2.1

After removing entries from 2.1, uninstalling 2.1 and installing 3.0

Im using charset ISO-8859-1.
zeniitti

Postby zeniitti » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 am

Problem got somehow back. Rebooting the system might do it. As I shut down my computer every night ans start it at next morning.

Check the image:

zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Are the "undefined" items supposed to have data in them? Take a look in your profile/pasteemailplus.json file (it is readable in any text editor). Do you see any empty lines in there?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby zeniitti » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:13 am

Undefined workd like 3 bottom lines anyway so one is preferences, one is combatibility mode etc...

Funtions are the same, check image:

pasteemailplus.json file contains one empty row at the bottom and some other data:

Code: Select all
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Kiitos kaupoista","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Maksu OK","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Tukkurin mukaan","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Matti","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Liisa","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Tapio","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Pirjo","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Kile","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"Anja","Pastetext":"HIDDEN_DATA","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}

Plus one extra row.
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Ok, now I'm thinking it might be an incomplete locale. What locale are you using? (i.e., en-US, etc.)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby zeniitti » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 am

Currently i'm using Firefox settings like this:
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:12 am

Paste Email Plus does not have a Finnish locale (fi-FI), so all display fields should be in english. What is the value of general.useragent.locale in about:config?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby zeniitti » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 pm

Value is fi.

Do you have idea, why it worked at the begining :D
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:10 pm

That is what I'm trying to figure out. What is the screenshot you posted above? Is that from some other extension that manipulates locales, perhaps?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Undefined three times at context menu

Postby zeniitti » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 am

No, screenshot is from Firefox setting. Like this, but from version 3.5.4: http://whatismyipaddress.ricmedia.com/h ... e/firefox/

It is just crazy becaus it worked first when I installed it, but then just didn't... Well it works fine, but it has that undefined.
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm using Fx 3.5.4, but my window looks like this:

I do not have the "Languages" box. This is strange ... you are also using Fx 3.5.4?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby zeniitti » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Yes, I have same version. Check the Content-tab and bottom of your screen. Mine is in Finnish, so it's little different. And the link, little different version as well. Basicly same content, different order.
zeniitti

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Have you tried setting your language to en-US just to see if it works?

Are you getting any Paste Email Plus related errors in the error console (Tools > Error Console)? You may also want try the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus