Items Disappeared

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Items Disappeared

Postby kbachelder » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Hello,

I just restarted Firefox and it told me about a new version (3.0) of Paste Email Plus so I upgraded my 2.x version and now all the items I had are gone!

Is there some way I can bring them back or import them from somewhere?

I'm running Firefox 3.0.14 on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Kevin
kbachelder

Postby kbachelder » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Nevermind...I just found the "Import ver 1.x / 2.x items"...whew!

Thanks for a great extension.

Kevin
kbachelder

Postby lucdupuy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:20 am

Hi,
Where can i find the menu item to import older pasteemailplus data into version 3?

Thanks!
lucdupuy

Postby wolven » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 am

In the Paste Email Plus Options > Options Tab > Import textlines from Paste Email v1.0 -2.0

My problem is that I can import my old entries but if I close the options window and the reopen it I loose the entries. I can import them over and over again they just don't save. Any suggestions?
wolven

Postby Paul_J » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

After updating to the latest version, I imported my data from pasteemailplus.dat.
So far I've had a number failures to properly import encrypted passwords.
Failures have occurred in different Firefox profiles.
I haven't tried all of the stored and encrypted passwords, but I suspect the same problem with those that I haven't tried.
So, I'm in the process of re-entering all of my encrypted password data.
Paul_J

Postby Paul_J » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:11 am

wolven wrote:Any suggestions?
I assume you're clicking the Save All button at the bottom of the window.
You should get a "pasteemailplus.json" file written to the profile folder.
Paul_J

Postby wolven » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:47 pm

I have the pasteemailplus.json file and the pasteemailplus.dat files. The dat has my old info and the json is blank.

"I assume you're clicking the Save All button at the bottom of the window. "

I do not have a save all button. I am assuming you mean the pasteemailplus options window. Also is when I right click and check pasteemailplus it show as undefined, instead of options.
wolven

Postby Paul_J » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 pm

wolven wrote:I do not have a save all button. I am assuming you mean the pasteemailplus options window.
Yes. From Firefox
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Paste Email Plus > Options button
You should have a "Save All" and a "Cancel All" button at the bottom of the options window.
Paul_J

Postby wolven » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 pm

I don't know if this makes a difference since I am using firefox but my OS is Ubuntu, probably should have mentioned that earlier. (how n00b1sh of me) I am not seeing a save all or cancel all. I tried un-installing and reinstalling, restarted, firefox and restarted the os and it still not work properly. Although now it no longer says undefined. Is there a way to take the infos from the dat file and save them in the json manually?
wolven

Postby Paul_J » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:24 pm

wolven wrote:Is there a way to take the infos from the dat file and save them in the json manually?
I've looked at both of the files in my profile folder, and although they're both text files, I cannot see any way to do that - not easily, anyway.
Since the extension's import function is supposed to do that, I assume that the author will know if there's a way to do it manually.
Apparently, on ubuntu the extension has a problem that isn't there on Windows XP.
Paul_J

Postby wolven » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Thank you for trying, hopefull theres another Ubuntu user who may have figured this out.
wolven

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:57 pm

This is really strange. I've installed PEP 3.0 on my Ubuntu box and notice that the PEP options window only has a "Close" button. It's supposed to look like this:

with "Save all" and "Cancel all" buttons (image from my Vista box).

Can anyone confirm this is strictly an Ubuntu issue and not also Mac or other *nix flavors?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:29 am

Ok, I've discovered the problem. On *nix and Mac platforms, the preference browser.preferences.instantApply is set to true by default (see Bug 512240). Windows users have this preference set to false by default.

There is a work around. Go to about:config and search for browser.preferences.instantApply. If it is set to true, double-click to toggle it to false. Open Paste Email Plus options, import your textlines, click "Save all". Change the preference back to true (so other prefwindows that rely on it will still work properly).

I will write a fix that temporarily adjusts the preference while the PEP window is open and post a message here when it's ready.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Items Disappeared

Postby wolven » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:45 am

W00T!! I had lost my crutch and had to actually type things out, It was horrible. Love your stuffs, keep up the good work, and thank you for your help.
wolven

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus