Converting old Data

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Converting old Data

Postby Joe Siegler » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 pm

I just recently upgraded my main work computer, and one of the last stragglers in the upgrade was my Paste Email Plus plugin for Firefox.

My old machine was using PEP Pro v2.1 - an older version so it seems, but that's what I was using (on Firefox 3.5x). Anyway, I went to install it on my new machine (FF 3.55) and I decided to install the current version. However, the old method of plopping the data file in the Firefox directory doesn't seem to work anymore for picking up my old text.

The question now becomes how do I get my old text into the new version short of retyping it all? I even tried installing the old version from a file here, but you don't even list a v2.1 Pro on your archive of old versions!
Joe Siegler

Re: Converting old Data

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Hmm ... Are you sure you are talking about Paste Email Plus? I've never released a v2.1 "Pro" or otherwise. PEP v3.0 does have an option to import v1.x and v2.x data. It's under Paste Email Plus Options > Options > Import.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Converting old Data

Postby Joe Siegler » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:49 pm

I was pretty positive it was Pro 2.1 - if I had seen that a little bit ago, I might have been able to answer. :) The machine it came from has been reformatted. Either way I was able to get them in there with the import you directed me to. Thanks.
Joe Siegler

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus