Sound option bug/oversight/whatever

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Sound option bug/oversight/whatever

Postby sushi3 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 am

I have Paste Email Plus 3.0 with Firefox 3.5.5.

For some reason, there are sounds generated every time a pop-up dialog comes up -- for example, clicking the [i] icon, and when trying to import. There doesn't appear to be an option to turn the sounds off (if there is, I couldn't find it; even looked in the extension's prefs.js), and there isn't really a good reason to play such obnoxious sounds in the first place, from a UI standpoint anyway.

My Windows setting (XP SP3) is set to No Sounds, and the only reason why my sound is on at all is to watch shows or movies or listen to music.

I'm sure this will be remedied soon, but since I can't wait for the fix, I did the following to eliminate the sounds:

1. With Firefox closed (i.e. not running), go to:
Code: Select all
%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\YOUR PROFILE ID HERE\extensions\pasteemailplus@guid.customsoftwareconsult.com\chrome
(filling in YOUR PROFILE ID HERE with your actual profile ID)

2. Copy the file pasteemailplus.jar as a backup. You can copy to the current folder and it will save it as "Copy of pasteemailplus.jar". I haven't had any bugs after this operation, but it's always good to have a backup when hacking.

3. Open pasteemailplus.jar with 7-Zip or your favorite zip file program.

4. Delete the sounds folder or all the files in the sounds folder.

5. Enjoy the silence of no unexpected bad sound effects. If you want the sounds back, you can always rename the files accordingly. All that matters is that there's a "pasteemailplus.jar" and that Firefox is closed when you make changes.

Aside from that bug/oversight/whatever (a HUGE one in my book, probably not so much for most people), Paste Email Plus TOTALLY ROCKS!

- Sushi
sushi3

Re: Sound option bug/oversight/whatever

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

I've added sound options: Disable all sound and/or add custom sounds. You can get Paste Email Plus v3.1beta here.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby USNavyRetiredVet » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:13 pm

I've just updated to Paste Email Plus version 3.1Beta with Firefox 3.6. I can't find where I can Enable/Disable all sounds, or select custom sounds. Advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Chuck Baker (my real name - no relation to the Administrator)
USNavyRetiredVet

If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.
USNavyRetiredVet

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 pm

It looks like the link somehow disappeared when I was moving domains. It's fixed now and you can get it here.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby USNavyRetiredVet » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks Chuck. It works great now. :)
Chuck Baker
USNavyRetiredVet
http://www.USNavyRetiredVet.Etsy.com

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.
USNavyRetiredVet

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus