Insert Time Date

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Insert Time Date

Postby Phonecard Mike » Wed May 25, 2011 6:49 am

I looked over your Paste Email Plus program and I am going to purchase it this weekend when I receive my new computer.

One function I find indispensable in FF3, but not in 4 is the ability to insert the Time and Date into a form. When I am using Gmail contacts and need to record a note with a customer I can right-click and insert the current computer date / time. I have a separate add on that works in Outlook and I am searching for one for FF4

The developer said he is not going to upgrade it to FF4. Thanks
Phonecard Mike

Re: Insert Time Date

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed May 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes, Paste Email Plus will insert custom timestamps into any text fields including Gmail messages.

BTW, you do not have to "buy" Paste Email Plus (or any of my extensions) as they are free to everyone. I do, however, appreciate donations. :wink:
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Phonecard Mike » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks, since you programmed it, it is the least I can do.

I use this function many times everyday. Mainly in Outlook with another program, but also in GMail and Remember The Milk.

I look forward to trying it shortly.

Now if I could find an add on that worked like PemaTabs, I could upgrade
Phonecard Mike

Postby Phonecard Mike » Thu May 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Am I able to right click and insert the current Date / Time?

If so, I don't understand how to make it work.

There is an add on - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... timestamp/ - that worked in FF3, but he is not upgrading it for FF4. Does your program have this functionality?
Phonecard Mike

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri May 27, 2011 5:29 am

In Paste Email Plus (PEP), you create custom pastetext lines. These lines can conatin meta tags for date and time. Here is the help screen:

There are over a dozen different pre-define meta tags in PEP for Date/Time. They can be seen in Paste Email Plus Options > Pastetext > Add item.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Phonecard Mike » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 am

Thank you. I am not a programmer, but this is very interesting and I am going to give it shot after the coffee kicks in.
Phonecard Mike

Postby Phonecard Mike » Fri May 27, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks again, I found it. If in later revisions you want to add a new date and time format here is a suggestion Day Month Year ( 27 Sep 11) and military time w/o seconds - 1223.
Your program will help a lot.
Phonecard Mike

Postby Ganapoes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 pm

I use this function many times everyday. Mainly in Outlook with another program, but also in GMail and Remember The Milk.
Ganapoes

Postby Phonecard Mike » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:53 am

What program do you use for Outlook?
Phonecard Mike

Postby hank » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 pm

oh good! I'd been relying on the FF extension that hasn't been updated for FF 9 yet
hank

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus