Problem with remembering form history/TMP conflict

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Problem with remembering form history/TMP conflict

Postby NickH » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:47 pm

I have been experiencing a problem with Ff remembering new form history for a while now. This evening I narrowed it down to a conflict between Tab Mix Plus and Paste Email. The two coexist ok until you use Paste Email to paste something. Once you have pasted something, Ff will no longer remember new form history. The problem goes away if you then remove either extension.

I have also posted here in the TMP forum, and I hope you can both look into it and resolve it.
NickH

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:51 am

NickH,

Thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it and try to have a fix in the next version.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby NickH » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:22 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:NickH,

Thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it and try to have a fix in the next version.

Chuck
Chuck,

Do you think it is a bug with Paste Email? If it is, I will post to that effect in the TMP forum, so they do not waste their time looking for a bug with TMP.

Thanks for looking into it.

Nick
NickH

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:43 pm

I won't really be able to tell until I look into it. It is possible that it may be an extension conflict rather than a "bug". I have found by experience that the more complex an extension is, the more likely it is to conflict with other extensions (e.g., shared global variables, identical function names, etc.). Paste Email is a relatively simple extension, where TMP is more complicated.

For instance, I had a conflict problem with FEBE and Gmail Manager. Since Gmail Manager was released before FEBE, I observed the unwritten programmers code of ethics and modified my extension to work with theirs.

Once again, I will know more when I break open the code.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby NickH » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:41 am

Chuck,

I now do not think it is a Paste Email problem, as it happens in a virgin profile with just TMP. It is the act of pasting which triggers the problem. I have posted the steps to reproduce in my thread in the TMP forum.

Nick
NickH

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:53 pm

Nick,

Did you ever get that problem resolved? I just submitted Paste Email v2.1.2 to AMO before I realized that this problem was still pending.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby NickH » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:35 am

Chuck,

It has not been resolved. In this thread someone has indicated that it could be bug #331276. I am trying to post in that bug but bugzilla always times out on me.

I do not think it is a Paste Email problem now as pasting any form data triggers the problem. See my post above.

Nick
NickH

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus