PEP Problem with data after upgrade to v4.0

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

PEP Problem with data after upgrade to v4.0

Postby ZuGro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi

Fx: 21.0
(Tests in a clean profile)

1. copy file "pasteemailplus.json" from another profile to the new one (clean profile)
2. install Paste Email Plus v4.0 from AMO
3. all my categories and entries are there, and are working fine (can be pasted), however when i want to "change" any of the entries, all the fields are empty (Label, Category & PasteText)
4. When i want to set a entry as "Default", the popup says the "CATEGORY" as been set as default (I guess this is because the fields are empty)
5. when i backup (export) this data, apparently is successful, but when the backup is imported, all the entries are "skipped" (because the data fields are empty)
6. i have to get back the PEP v3.3 in order to avoid this ugly behavior of the v4.0
7. in another test, i just installed PEP v3.3, then upgrade to v4.0, but the problem is still there (only v3.3 is working fine in my system)...

PS: Other small bugs:
1. when i want to place the PEP button (not statusbar button) on any toolbar, the icon is correct when the button is dragged and dropped from the "Customize Toolbar" window to the toolbar, however when I click the "Done" button in the "Customize Toolbar" window, the icon becomes so BIG (as a 24px icon), this happens in both versions (v3.3 & v4.0)...
2. clicking the button (statusbar and/or toolbar button) nothing happens, the "default" or "Last used" pastetext is not pasted (I have to use the popup menu to select what to paste always) (also this problem is present in both versions, 3.3 & 4.0)...

OK, that's all, this is my report for feedback
(Currently i can work very fine with PEP v3.3)

Note: I'm a Spanish speaker, sorry for bad English write :shifty:
ZuGro

Re: PEP Problem with data after upgrade to v4.0

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks for the information. I will try to duplicate the issues to see what is going wrong. Are you getting any PEP related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Error Console)? Please install the Console² extension for error checking. It is more comprehensive.

Open and clear the Error console. Leave it open and try to add/change some PEP items. Examine the error console for any PEP related error messages (type pasteemail in the "Search:" box). Copy/paste them here.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby ZuGro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi

Console² installed...

Left-clicking over the statusbar icon:
Code: Select all
Error: TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
Source file: chrome://pasteemailplus/content/pasteemailplus.js
Line: 1552

Opening PEP options from popup menu (statusbar icon):
Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsITreeView.getCellProperties]
Line: 2387

In PEP Options window, clicking any item title:
Same error as previous, but twice (clicking directly over paste-text: only one)...
Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsITreeView.getCellProperties]

Clicking on "Change Item" button:
Line: 1881

No errors when exporting...

Clicking on "Import" button:

3 times...
Again, all items SKIPPED...

PS: i forget to tell you about another little bug: the "Save changes and exit" button is not visible when the options window is opened, annd still not visible even when prefs in "Options tab" are changed. I need to rearrange a category or item at least, to get the "Save changes and exit" button to be displayed, in order to can apply/save changes...

PS2: tests made in a new clean profile...

Best regards...
ZuGro

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Ok ... It appears that PEP v4.0 is not compatible with Fx 21. It appeared to work with the 21 betas when I was testing it, but it certainly does not work with the 21 final release. I will change the compatibility release info on AMO and the PEP homepage.

You should continue to use PEP v3.3 until you upgrade Fx.

Sorry about the inconvenience. :problem:
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby ZuGro » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi

Firefox 23.0 installed...
* Clean Profile
PEP v4.0 installed...
(data file copied to new clean profile folder)

The data text in fields is back! (now i can edit my entries without a problem)...

Important!: about skipped items when importing, this happens because the data to import is identical as the current and the "Overwrite existing entries" check-box was not checked (my mistake, sorry).

However, the small bugs about the BIG toolbar button and missed "Save changes and exit" button in PEP's Options window are still there...

Thanks Chuck...

PS: installing Console² just now...
PS2: also the bug about left-clicking statusbar button and nothing happens (any text is pasted) is still present :(
Error: TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
Line: 1552

Best regards.
ZuGro

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus