PEP problem with exporting

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Re: PEP problem with exporting

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:31 am

Ok ... now we may be getting close. Open your pasteemailplus.json file with any plaintext editor. It should contain lines that look similar to this:

Code: Select all
{"EncryptFlag":false,"Label":"myLabel","Pastetext":"myPastetext","Openflag":"false","Cat":""}

Notice that the category is listed in the line even though it has no value. All the lines in your file should contain a "Cat" field whether it's blank or not. Is that the case?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rpesq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:02 pm

yes, each has the "cat":""

Here are some facts:

- if you create a category, but do not use it, then the export window is empty -- nothing at all to select, even though all of the uncategorized text still remains

- without any categories, the export window shows the undefined entires, they can be selected or de-selected, but output is 0-byte file

- if you create at least 1 category, and assign some text entry to that category, then export works correctly for all entries (including the undefined ones)

With that info, you should be able to solve the problem. Let me know if you need me to check anything else.
rpesq

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 pm

I was able to duplicate the problem (but not the double directory issue) so I will start working on a fix. I'll post a message here when PEP v4.1 is ready for testing.

Thanks for helping debug!
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rpesq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

The double directory is not happening with the fresh Win7, so that may have been some corruption in the previous OS.
rpesq

Previous

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus