Can't save new items

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Can't save new items

Postby Sunflower » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm

I have had PEP for years but, for the first time in years, I want to add a new item. No matter how many times I try, I am unable to do this now. I add item, save entry and it's added to the list. But then when I close the box my item is no longer there when I want to paste it.

I seem to remember from before, that new items had to be saved twice but I don't have that option. The "OK" at the bottom of the add/save item box is always greyed out and there is no Save button at the bottom - only the constantly greyed out OK. It is never not greyed out. I have to use the red close button to close the box.

I have OS Yosemite, Firefox 38.0.5 and PEP 6.0.1 which I have tried to remove then re-install but that hasn't helped.

Can anyone help please?
Sunflower

Re: Can't save new items

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Are you getting any PEP related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console)?

Try this: Open and clear the browser console. Leave it open and attempt to add a pastetext item. Examine the console for any Paste Email related error messages (type paste email in the "Search:" box). Copy/paste them here.

Note: The 'OK' button is not needed (supposedly) with OSX and Linux platforms. Simply closing the window should be enough.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Sunflower » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 am

Thank you for your reply. I have done as you have suggested and have found one of the following error messages in the console - MOST of the time but not all of the time, after repeatedly trying it:

16:45:51.411 TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null1 pasteemailplus.js:1533:5

TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null pasteemailplus.js:1533:5

TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null

I also did the same in a test profile with nothing else on it whatsoever. There were never any error messages but I was still unable to save any pastetext items.

Hoping that this helps in solving my problem.

Cheers
Sunflower

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm

I don't have a mac platform to test on, but do have Linux (Ubuntu) which is close enough for testing this problem. I've modified the code to force the 'OK' button to be visible and enabled. Please test and let me know.

pasteemailplus-6.0.2.xpi
Paste Email Plus v6.0.2
Enable 'OK' button in PEP options under Mac/*nix platforms.
(348.5 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Sunflower » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:06 am

I am delighted to say that this version works for me. The OK button is enabled now and working and my new pastetext items are now being saved OK and able to be used.

I am so pleased. Thank you very much for your help and for your wonderful add on.

Cheers :-D
Sunflower

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus