WHERE P EMAIL PLUS STORES DATA >DATA CLEANUP

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

WHERE P EMAIL PLUS STORES DATA >DATA CLEANUP

Postby JamesEJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:25 am

Hi. Not real real sure about this BUT does definitely seem that when I run my disk cleanup programs (e.g. ccleaner) data inputs that I added to the paste email plus, are deleted. So to avoid this, I need to reset these programs to not cleanup the place where paste email plus stores the data I entered to be able to past when I need to. To do that, need to know where this data is stored. Thanks much again, Jim :thumbup:

EDIT: In the below post "backup entries" the location is stated to be "...in the file [profile]/pasteemailplus.json" ok, so I look clear on that basis (maybe). Any other way I can loose all the PEP data?
JamesEJ

Re: WHERE P EMAIL PLUS STORES DATA >DATA CLEANUP

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Paste Email Plus data is indeed stored in pasteemailplus.json in your Fx profile folder. The older version (Paste Email Original) stores the pastetext in Fx's preferences (about:config).

Note that you can backup PEP data by exporting it to a place away from your Fx profile and import it back when necessary. See Paste Email Plus Options > Options > Export.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 pm

cool. tried the export but seems the .pep wont open in Win7. Please advise. Thanks, Jim
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:16 pm

How are you trying to open it? Did you try importing it through PEP?

If you just want to view the contents of the file, it can be opened with any plaintext editor (notepad, wordpad, Notepad++, etc.)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:28 am

Was attempting to backup a legible copy to re-enter in case of loos in the addon. Was able to open (somehow) in notepad but was reconfigured. But if the import works that solves the problem. Meanwhile, I also have an Oo file backup in plain .odt language to rely on too. Thanks for the help Chuck, Jim
JamesEJ

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus