[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
Chuck Baker's Firefox Extension Forum • View topic - Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Postby MRCS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:25 pm

I had been looking for a replacement for the old Opera Notes, along with, it appears, many others. From the name of the extension, I originally didn't think it was what I was needed. Very nice work.
MRCS

Re: Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you. You didn't mention if you are using Paste Email (Original) or Paste Email Plus, but I am in the process of making Webextensions versions of both for Firefox Quantum. PEP is already available for Chrome.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby MRCS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm

I am using Paste Email Plus. The limit on the number of notes in Paste Email is far too low for me.

"PEP is already available for Chrome."
I provided a link to that one over on the Vivaldi forum, which I chanced upon a couple of days ago. It has a good pedigree, having been founded by ex-Opera chief Jon von Tetzchner.

Is it correct that the last version for FF is 6.2 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... mail-plus/ ), while the latest version for PM is 10.0? If someone is interested, I want to be able to send or post the right link.
MRCS

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, that is correct. All my current extensions that are released for Pale Moon will be v10 and up. When I release them for Fx Quantum, they will have a slightly different name (usually containing the notation 'WE' for 'WebExtensions') and have version numbers starting at v1.0.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby MRCS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm

An observation you may want to think about: If I weren't so desperate & persistent (obsessive?) about finding a replacement for Opera Notes, I never would have realized from the name that your extension was just what I was looking for. It really doesn't indicate the high level of capability the extension has. Perhaps co-branding it with another name that doesn't lead people to believe it is something just for e-mail and, further, includes the word, Notes. I would also brag about being able to insert notes into a field with a single click, which the other note takers I looked at did not have and, I believe, what most other people I came across were looking for.

As it is, your extension wasn't recommended to me even in the PM forum, nor did I see it mentioned in the extensive search I did of extension sites and thru Google.

I would hate to see its development cease due to lack of apparent interest.
MRCS

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus