Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Postby MRCS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:25 pm

I had been looking for a replacement for the old Opera Notes, along with, it appears, many others. From the name of the extension, I originally didn't think it was what I was needed. Very nice work.
MRCS

Re: Great replacement for the old Opera Notes

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you. You didn't mention if you are using Paste Email (Original) or Paste Email Plus, but I am in the process of making Webextensions versions of both for Firefox Quantum. PEP is already available for Chrome.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby MRCS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm

I am using Paste Email Plus. The limit on the number of notes in Paste Email is far too low for me.

"PEP is already available for Chrome."
I provided a link to that one over on the Vivaldi forum, which I chanced upon a couple of days ago. It has a good pedigree, having been founded by ex-Opera chief Jon von Tetzchner.

Is it correct that the last version for FF is 6.2 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... mail-plus/ ), while the latest version for PM is 10.0? If someone is interested, I want to be able to send or post the right link.
MRCS

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, that is correct. All my current extensions that are released for Pale Moon will be v10 and up. When I release them for Fx Quantum, they will have a slightly different name (usually containing the notation 'WE' for 'WebExtensions') and have version numbers starting at v1.0.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby MRCS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm

An observation you may want to think about: If I weren't so desperate & persistent (obsessive?) about finding a replacement for Opera Notes, I never would have realized from the name that your extension was just what I was looking for. It really doesn't indicate the high level of capability the extension has. Perhaps co-branding it with another name that doesn't lead people to believe it is something just for e-mail and, further, includes the word, Notes. I would also brag about being able to insert notes into a field with a single click, which the other note takers I looked at did not have and, I believe, what most other people I came across were looking for.

As it is, your extension wasn't recommended to me even in the PM forum, nor did I see it mentioned in the extensive search I did of extension sites and thru Google.

I would hate to see its development cease due to lack of apparent interest.
MRCS

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus