PEP gone in Firefox Quantum & can't reinstall older Firefox

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

PEP gone in Firefox Quantum & can't reinstall older Firefox

Postby Ted Lee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 am

I was using Firefox 53.0b9 with FEBE & PEP when computer suddenly rebooted & found myself staring at the Newest version of Firefox, "Quantum"? I have the FEBE restore files but I never backed up PEP info that I created. PEP isn't compatible with "Quantum". Several times I attempted to reinstall Firefox 53.0b9. 53.0b9.exe does reinstall but when FF is reopened it appears as thou its still "Quantum" and it still will not accept PEP. How can I get all of the info back that I put into PEP? Am I screwed. How will I survive without "PasteEmailPlus"?
Ted Lee

Re: PEP gone in Firefox Quantum & can't reinstall older Fire

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 pm

If you can get Fx v53.0b9 to install, you should immediately turn off automatic updates (else Mozilla will relentlessly force install the unwanted Quantum without asking).

If you have a FEBE full profile backup, you should have the PEP data. Open the full backup file (on my machine it is named profileFx56.0.2(FEBE8.9.3.1){Chuck}.fbu. Yours will be named something similar) with a zip program (like 7-zip) and extract the file pasteemailplus.json into your Fx profile.

Unless you have a good reason to be using Fx 53.0b9, you should install v56.0.2 (the latest version that still supports 'legacy' extensions). You can find all the old Fx versions on Mozilla's public FTP site.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby jbacinti » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Any chance PEP will be updated to work with version 57 and up? Sure hope so. It's a perfect extension for this retired guy.
jbacinti

Postby jbacinti » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Actually I'm interested in Past Email Original rather than PEP. Sorry for the confusion.
jbacinti

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I am in the process of rewriting Paste Email Plus for Quantum. I hope to get to Paste Email (Original) after that.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus