CHROME EXT. NO RIGHT CLICK PEP PASTE OPTION

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

CHROME EXT. NO RIGHT CLICK PEP PASTE OPTION

Postby JamesEJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 am

Back to trying to get this great addon working in chrome again.

Have been able to enter and save a title to my specific desired texts and the texts themselves by using the pastetest tab, etc.

End of the glory.

In Fx in the gmail send window I can right click certain areas and the PEP options choices appear to then click and paste. That's wonderful indeed!

In chrome, this does not work :thumbdown: Not good at all :( .

How to setup the same right click routine in the chrome extension IS the question :problem: .

Thanks Chuck, Jim
JamesEJ

Re: CHROME EXT. NO RIGHT CLICK PEP PASTE OPTION

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Is https://mail.google.com* whitelisted in PEP Options > Options > PEP Whitelist? That url (as well as https://www.google.com* should be whitelisted by default.

Paste Email Plus may not work properly on some quirks mode pages (like eBay and gMail). Whitelisting a URL will bypass some checks PEP uses to determine if the current cursor position is in a pastable area.
The PEP toolbar icon will show "WL" on whitelisted pages.

Whitelisting is required because of WebExtensions limitations. There were no limitations of this type in the XUL/XPCOM versions of PEP.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Looked like your saying this answer "you cant since its in gmail, unless you white list gmail". White list a gmail account? OK, entered its navigation bar url:
(did not want to post it exactly here) And this page title: New message

In the big window appeared this:
"URL with title 'New message' will be added to whitelist after clicking 'Continue'."

The url does not contain the word "message"

Also have "Whitelist all pages" box checked.

When I click "continue" nada ziltch Nope. Meaning nothing happens.

what now? J
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:29 pm

If you click 'Reset whitelist to default', it will automatically add gmail to the list, then it shouldn't matter if 'Whitelist all pages' is checked or not:

If PEP recognizes the url as whitelisted, the toolbar icon will look like this:

I am able to use PEP when I compose a message in gmail:

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:58 am

OK you can use your addon, but the reason I am here is for me, myself & I to find out how to do that.

Now (again as I recall) having started from scratch, once I enter the label and paste text I need to save it. Last time had to click reclick "submit" on & on and on again and again until it worked. this time just nothing. Really seems kinda buggy seems to me.

how to simply save the inputted Label & paste text is this question. J
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm

I think the first thing we need to try is to again start from scratch, but performing a 'Hard reset' before attempting to enter any pastetext items.

To do this, go to PEP Options > Advanced > Reset PEP data > Perform a HARD reset. This will clear all the PEP databases and set all internal variables to the default value.

If this doesn't work, try opening the Chrome error console (Ctrl-Shift-J, making sure the 'Console' tab at the top of that window is selected) and filter for 'pep' and/or 'pasteemail'. Try entering a pastetext item in the PEP window. If any messages appear in the console, please copy/paste them into your response.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Ok the hard reset worked. To be safe, I created just one pasttext title & msg
Went back to gmail to hopefully see it then worked, but to no avail.
Tell what to do now speciically plz. J
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:55 pm

When you are composing a new message in gmail, do you see the PEP context menu when you right-click on the message input area (see 3rd image in the above post? If so, do you see the pastetext label you created when you expand the PEP context menu?

Does the PEP toolbar icon have the 'WL' badge displayed when you are composing the message?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Nope, no right click context menu exists. And I do know exactly what your talking about->this is the problem that surfaced and why I came here!

No, the PEP icon does not have a "WL" badge icon. Its got an "Opts" icon. we are talking about the PEP extension clipboard image icon correct?
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:00 pm

JamesEJ wrote:No, the PEP icon does not have a "WL" badge icon. Its got an "Opts" icon. we are talking about the PEP extension clipboard image icon correct?

Correct.

But PEP Options must be closed before any of the context menu items will appear.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:03 pm

OK, closing all pep options. Hope we are getting somewhere now. J ...UPDATE EDIT -1: what do you mean by to "close pep options". I closed the options tab but upon a right click try, still no context drop-down. DUHHH :cry: EDIT UPDATE -2 When I right click the correct gmail space, a drop down does appear (and has always appeared) bu it just does not have the magic PEP "paste email plus"access words and icon to click then proceed.

EDIT 3: Magic does exist. While simply using gmail compose, I happened to right click (out of habit I think) and voila! the cropdown had the PEP access words & icon. Goody Goody Gum drops.

So for now at least, problem is solved. How do I mark this thread closed?

Thanks for the help chuck, Jim
JamesEJ

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:05 pm

No need to close the thread. I'll leave it here for anyone else that has a similar issue.

If you run into any more problems, just leave a new post here (or start a new thread if it is a different problem).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus