Paste E-Mail v3 ordering the paste options?

Discuss all "Paste Email" issues or request new features.

Paste E-Mail v3 ordering the paste options?

Postby NickH » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am

Is there any way to reorder the labels? They appear to go alpha-numerically which is hopeless when trying to set up a logical order, e.g. name, first line of address, second line of address and so on. The only way I have found to control the order is to prefix the label with 01, 02 etc, but these are non-editable, and so once set, they cannot be re-ordered. Inserting one is even more difficult.

As an aside, the Paste Email Options box always stays on top of where it was opened e.g. if opened from the Add-ons box it stays on top of it and if opened from a normal Firefox window, it stays on top of that.
NickH

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Others have recently requested that the texlines be order-able. I am looking into the ability to drag and drop the entries into any order you wish. In the meantime you can manually re-order them by editing the file pastemail.dat located in your Firefox profile directory. Edit this file (with Firefox closed) with any pure text editor that understands embedded ascii codes (I use Notepad2). Be sure to only change the order of the individual lines, not the content of the lines themselves. Make a copy of the file for backup just in case.

I will also look into the options dialog staying on top.

Thanks for the input!
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby NickH » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks for the response.

Now I'm stufed as I've prefixed each line with 01, 02 etc. Looks like I'll have to start again.
NickH

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Perhaps I was a little too harsh on the edit instructions. Actually, if you leave the embedded codes (ascii EXT, RS, etc.) intact you may alter the line contents without any problem (just don't change any of the password encryption - text that is a string of hex characters).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby minero » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:17 pm

I am a new user and everything works great, but I really support the suggestion to be able to resequence the entries from the options dialog.

As a minor suggestion, for my theme anyway (Noia 2.0 Extreme), it would be helpful if your toolbar icon was a little more colorful. In fact I was expecting to see that paste-pot, but maybe without the Paste Email label.

In any case, thanks for a nice extension and for saving me the trouble of doing script coding, which I was just about to do.
minero

Return to Paste Email (Original) and Paste Email Plus