User-defined backups issue

My Firefox extensions that have been released for Pale Moon

User-defined backups issue

Postby bex1210 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 pm

I have FEBE 10.2, running on Pale Moon 27.8.1 (32 bit), on a Windows 7 (64 bit) SP1 operating system.

You previously showed me how to use the user-defined backup screen to load Stylish's User Styles.

I select New, then check File, then add the Label, Description, and Source.

If I then check 'Include in backup, Submit, and Restore Extensions, it all works as it should.

But the next time I go back to User-defined backups, wanting to run the very same File, everything is blank, and I have to start again. I cannot find any way to have this Label, Description, and Source information saved so I can use it again.

Clicking on OK at the bottom of the page, which saves all of the other settings I have made in FEBE Options, does not work on this user-defined backups page.

How do I get my user-defined backup information saved? I did a forum search, and could not find this problem addressed.

Thanks,

Harry
bex1210

Re: User-defined backups issue

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 am

After clicking the "Submit" button, you need to click "Post entries and exit".

To see if the entry has been saved, re-open FEBE Options > What to backup > User-defined backups and click the "Edit" button. Click the down-arrow on the "Select" button and see if the entry label is there.

If it is still not saving, try clicking the "Reset" button and re-enter the entry. There should always be at least one entry named "FEBE data" that is automatically added if any other entries are added.

Note: Also make sure that FEBE Options > What to backup > Backup type > Additional items > User-defined backups is checked.

For complete instructions, click the little blue 'i' icon next to "User-defined backups" (near the top of that window).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Pale Moon