User-defined backups issue

My Firefox extensions that have been released for Pale Moon

Re: User-defined backups issue

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:22 pm

It should be noted that when restoring a full profile with FEBE, you must have at least two working profiles. One to be the destination profile (the one you want to restore into) and the other to execute FEBE's restore profile function (and of course, FEBE must be installed in this second profile). In other words, you cannot restore a current (active) profile - only to another profile that is not currently running. You can also restore a profile manually.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: User-defined backups issue

Postby bex1210 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:45 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:It should be noted that when restoring a full profile with FEBE, you must have at least two working profiles. One to be the destination profile (the one you want to restore into) and the other to execute FEBE's restore profile function (and of course, FEBE must be installed in this second profile). In other words, you cannot restore a current (active) profile - only to another profile that is not currently running. You can also restore a profile manually.

Thanks for the tip and the links. I knew that one could not restore into an open browser, but did not realize the 'second' profile had to have FEBE installed. It makes sense, since you must get to the 'Restore Profile' feature. I am more used to doing the task manually for Pale Moon (using Explorer). Pale Moon does not compress the files, so that seems to be the only extra step with FEBE.

Is there any way that I can download ALL of your excellent FEBE 101 Tutorials? I see a few referenced on the Home page, and you sent me to another, but I cannot seem to find anywhere that they are all listed.

Harry
bex1210

Previous

Return to Pale Moon