Latest FEBE feature Request

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

Latest FEBE feature Request

Postby applegodel8 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 pm

I love the new features that were added. Which sparked a better idea or added idea, The startup and shutdown back is AWESOME, The schedule back up is useless unless you keep the browser open 24/7 and i wont due to security. However i love the startup shutdown, so now i can have a schedule like backup run so i dont forget to run the back up manually. However i thought of a problem, to many backups. I have a huge extension library. FF add ons are addictive. This is a feature i would like to see:

In the schedule backup , going by the computers time and date system, make a shutdown schedule so you can have FEBE back up once a day at shutdown, no matter how many times you open or close the browser. I open and close so often i would have all 30 backup copies filled in a day, so i would have no rotated backup, so if something failed i could not go back in time.

i want just 1 or 2 or 3 at shutdown backups to run, so i could have a nice rotated backup so if i need to restore a back up from 3 days ago , i can then do that, so i can have my "Maximum backup directories to keep" at 30 and have weeks or months in there instead of just 1 week or day for that matter. I hope you understand, cause i barely understand my self some days.

I have been hooked on your plugin since i found out about it, and i was thrilled when it became mac compatible as i am a dual user, and i will be going to ubuntu when i get a laptop, so that will ad 3 os's to my os list, and your plugin is one not to be without!

If i see this feature added i will definitely donate at least $5 to your paypal.

thanks so very much

If i added this request in the wrong area of the forum i am so sorry, this is my first post and i did look for the poper place but i could not find, so i think i have it right, if not someone tell me where to post requests?
applegodel8

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 am

I think I understand. I could have a prompt that says something like "Maximum startup/shutdown backups in a 24 hour period" and base it on a calendar day from 0:01 to 23:59. (What is midnight in military time? 0:00 or 24:00? There doesn't seem to be any true standard I can find ...)

But if you shutdown several times inside of a few minutes (like when installing new extensions/themes) it would essentially be the same as backing up just once. I could put in code that only allowed a backup after n minutes has elapsed (where n is max_backups_per_day/minutes _in_a_day) but that can get pretty messy and overly complicated.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Wishlist